Followers

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Those Grands!!

Since this blog is called Nanaland, I have to share the things my grandchildren say! Some are funny and some are sweet.

The other day it was about suppertime and Landon came up to me with a very serious look on his face, " Ummm Nana, what do you and Grandpa eat since you never cook?" Oh my goodness!! Landon's other grandmother, Mimi, is a great cook and she is always in the kitchen. I guess I pale in comparison. Of course this is the same child who asked if I did not have a job because I did not like to work hard!!  

On another occasion last week, both Kendall and Landon were in the living room with me waiting on their Tara to come and pick them up  at the end of the day.  I have been going through a lot of our toys and putting away many "baby" toys. I asked Landon if it would be ok if I took some of his Thomas Trains and stored them away until he had a little boy to play with them. Kendall and Landon thought it was very interesting to think of having children themselves one day.  I made the comment that I hoped I would be alive to see their children as I would love to be a great grandmother. Kendall, without missing a beat, looked at me and said, "You are already a Great Grandmother!" Bless her heart, that almost brought tears to my eyes.  I do love being a Nana and hope I get to be Nana to some great grands as well.

Katy sent me this picture of Margaret...

Another toothless grand!!  She and Landon can have a whistling contest.

All my babies are getting older and it is not hard to imagine being a great grandmother at the rate these Grimmlins are growing!

7 comments:

Mildred said...

It's nice that you have a blog to "record" all the things they say. They are all so cute. Love Margaret's little toothless smile. One of the funniest things I remember Karen's little boy asking my mother was "When were you a little girl...when God was a little boy?" lol

Mrs.T said...

Funny, funny things that kids say. I agree with Kendall ... you ARE already a Great Grandmother! Love Margaret's toothless smile. Katy is so good to share pictures of those moments with you as they happen!

Sandy said...

Sweet Kendall and I guess I will fall into the same boat as you about the cooking. I guess that is why everyone always giggled when they found out I was a home ec major.

Gina said...

Arlene, you are a super duper great grandmother all ready! Store away all those precious gems that the grands say!

Terri D said...

Out of the mouths of babes. Very cute stories and worthy of being preserved in your blog archives! For the record, I'm sure you ARE a great grandmother!!

Mari said...

Kids are the best, and those funny things they say are wonderful! I know you are a great grandmother!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks friends...