Followers

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Christmas Cross Stitch

In addition to putting up my Christmas Tree and adding a lot of sparkle to my house for the holiday season, I hung some of my Christmas needlework.

These pieces are hanging in the little foyer near my guest bedroom.  I am working on another piece to add next year!!

And in the bedroom...


Prairie Schooler's Christmas Tree Farm looks so cute next to the plate I found at Target.  I am just a nut for Prairie Schooler designs.

And another plea for prayers for Gatlinburg, Tennessee this morning.  The wildfires in North Carolina made their way into east Tennessee due to high winds. Last night, Gatlinburg was evacuated and many have lost homes in the area. Downtown Gatlinburg was still in tact this morning according to the news but the surrounding areas have not fared as well.  East Tennessee depends on tourism for their economy so this will be a big hit for them here at Christmas.   My mother and daddy went to Gatlinburg for their honeymoon and most people in the South, love to travel to the Smokey Mountains for rest and relaxation.  Pray for those brave fire fighters as they work to stop the blaze.

A quiet day here at home, hoping to get some gifts wrapped and some crafts finished.  Have a blessed day bloggie friends.

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Your cross stitch pieces are lovely. Love the little vignette with the Joy blocks and plate.
I went to bed praying for Gatlinburg. I couldn't help thinking just what you said about how bad it would be for their economy. Praying they get rain. We got a sprinkle only. We need it as well. It didn't come far enough south last night. Looked bad where you were.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your needlework is amazing! I know how much time each of those take but they are so beautiful! We are praying for those with the wildfires...it's so scary! Enjoy your day. Hugs!

Terri D said...

Your groupings are so pretty! The news out of Sevier County are heartbreaking. I hope they got the predicted rain overnight and that it was enough to put out the fires. Horrible.

Mrs.T said...

I love your cross stitches! You do such beautiful work, Arlene. I love the one on black (in the foyer) especially, and the Christmas Tree Farm is simply gorgeous. That with the plate and the blocks makes such a nice vignette! I could get addicted to Prairie Schooler designs myself. I have only done one so far, but had so much fun stitching it. Need to find a fun way to finish it. It's the "December" sampler.

Oh, that is so sad about Gatlinburg ...a place I have always wanted to visit. Living in a tourist area as we do, I can well imagine how such devastation could impact their economy. I've been praying for rain for the south, but we are getting it here! Freezing rain this morning, but the temps are rising a bit so this afternoon we are to have all rain.

Jedidja said...

Your cross stitches are so nice. Thanks for showing them.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks so much y'all....I love my hobby!!

Carol said...

Oh, your PS framed pieces are absolutely delightful, Arlene!! I am so bad about getting my larger things framed. I really need to work on that :)

I'm so sad about Gatlinburg--I've never been there but always dreamed of going. I certainly hope and pray that the fires can be put out soon...

Barbara said...

I love your cross stitch. They always put a warm feeling in my heart. I love the plate with the car and tree. Such a precious moment... picking the tree and bringing it home. Everything looks lovely.