Followers

Thursday, November 10, 2016

I Am Back

Snuggled in my cozy chair with my Matilda Jane blanket, my phone and my laptop. I am sore but I can already see improvement in my physical well being from having this surgery done. I have a wonderful doctor, Mitch Schuster. He has been my GYN doctor for 15 years and I have come to rely on his judgment in all situations. He diagnosed me with hypothyroidism several years ago. He is a kind and caring doctor. On the bonus side, he is a Believer. we attend the same church and  I like knowing he has prayed for his time in the OR before he enters that particular sacred spot. Several years ago he contracted encephalitis and almost died. We all prayed God would spare Dr Schuster and we praised God for his recovery.   My surgery was at 7 am and I was in the recovery room until 11:30 because there were no available rooms. Finally situated in my room, Marvin and I chose to leave the tv off as we could not bear to listen to more election news. Frankly, this election has been one that has bothered me more than any in the past.  Marvin left for home at seven and I read my book and dozed on and off. About two am central time, I heard a cheer at the nurses station. My first thought was that Hillary had won as predicted. But when the nurse came in to take my vitals she told me that Trump had won. While I was not a big Trump fan, I voted for his policies and I really liked Mike Pence.  My husband works in National Defense and if he had done the things Ms Clinton had done in the email area, he would be sitting in jail right now.  He cannot even take his cell phone into his office every day because the defense industry takes security VERY seriously.  In fact if he goes to lunch with his buddies, they cannot even discuss their work as we know there are spies here in our area, on the alert to get whatever info they can pick up.  So I take our national security very seriously.

I think this election showed us clearly how the media tries to control our country. I have to admit to turning on CNN yesterday just to watch them squirm a bit.:) I am glad I live in a country where I can cast my vote and have my say.  The people have spoken and I think we do want a change here in America. I hope part of that change will be a turn back toward God.  I do think Our Hope is Bulit on Nothing Less than Jesus Blood and Righteousness. My hope is not in the government or the elected officials but on God Alone.  So that is my take on the election and I waited until it was over to speak my piece.  So let's move Forward and pray for God's Blessing on our country.

And forgive me if some of your comments were not added to my blog the other day.  I was on drugs and I looked at them all but I think I neglected to publish some of them. But thanks to each of you who prayed for me. I appreciate each and every one of you sweet ladies.

12 comments:

Karen said...

Glad that you are back home and recuperating. Thankful for answered prayers.

Sandy said...

So glad you are home and feeling good. You were brave to post on the election. My sentiments are the same. I guess I was the closet Trump supporter. What a mess this has all been! You are so right about the security thing though. For far less, many have gotten in deep trouble.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hello Arlene, I'm so happy that the surgery went well. Just relax and rest up! :)

Mildred said...

Thankful to get this update from your today. Prayers continue for your healing. xo

Jan said...

So glad you are back home and recovering! Amen to everything you said!

Mrs.T said...

So happy to hear from you, Arlene. So thankful you are recovering and already feeling a bit better. I appreciate your comments about the election. My hubby and I decided that we would not listen to any election coverage until Wednesday morning and we are thankful we waited. But you were in a situation where you could not help but hear the news. And to me it is good news. We voted for him also, because of his platform and not because of his personality.

We live in a university town in a state with same-day voter registration. It is disheartening to see the Clinton campaign bringing in university students by the vanload to register and vote. One sees these long lines of students waiting to register and one knows that some have already voted absentee in their own hometown. Voter fraud at its finest.

Well, it is all in God's hands, and, as you said, the media found out they do not control things, try as they might. Now we must all pray for our country and for our newly elected leaders -- and we must seek to be a shining testimony for our Lord in the process. Ours is a deeply divided country in great need of the healing only He can bring.

Linda said...

I am so glad you are doing well! Perfect timing as you will be recovering befoe Thanksgiving! We do have a lot to be grateful for.

Terri D said...

I am so happy to hear that you are home and doing so well! We are also thrilled that Hillary lost!! I think America will be great again, and that this administration will bring God back into the spotlight! Rest and heal well!!

Jedidja said...

Welkom! You're back and that makes me glad.

doodles n daydreams said...

Hi Arlene, I'm pleased to read your surgery went well and will pray for a quick and complete recovery for you.
And thanks for your kind thoughts toward my mother, she is more relaxed now she is with us. We'll keep her here until after her op and then work out what happens from there.
Enjoy your weekend,

Diana

Heather said...

So glad you are back and feeling well!

Gina said...

Arlene, I hope you are resting well. I have had to take a break from all the news. Even after the election, there is such division and chaos. Let's hope that ends soon.