Followers

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

I am Thankful For....

Friends.

These people are the family that you choose for yourself.

Here is a picture of my hutch with all the cards. It overwhelms me every time I look at it and I admit to taking random cards and reading them over again.


My friend, Donna, made this nativity for me. Last year I wanted to purchase one at their church bazaar and another lady got the last one. So this year Donna called me up to give me first pick!!  Donna and husband, Mike,  have a house at the beach in Jacksonville, FL. She and her husband enjoy picking up pieces of wood that wash up on shore. They use them to make various crafts. Donna molds the people in the manger scene from clay! Didn't she do a great job? Even the little lamb is so sweet.  And the church bazaar is this Friday! Marvin is taking the day off so he will drive Miss Arlene to the bazaar and to the store.:) I have been calling him Hoke. ( If you like the movie Driving Miss Daisy, you will get my drift.) Well He is my best friend...just like Miss Daisy assured Hoke.

There is a 70% chance for rain in north Georgia on Saturday according to one of my Facebook Friends. Lets all pray for that rain to come and help with those fires.  The Rough Ridge Fire is the one that is near my hometown. It has burned 20,000 acres and is still just minimally contained. This is in the Cohutta Wilderness and thankfully no homes have been threatened at this point. As far as I know there have been no deaths or injuries among the fire fighters.

 Our little friend , Kayleigh met her Savior  yesterday after a six month struggle with DIPG brain tumor.  Her funeral will be Friday afternoon. Please pray for this family as they grieve their loss but celebrate Kayleigh's healing in heaven.  Kayleigh's story has reached many people and I am sure her funeral will be standing room only.

I am taking it easy again today. I am feeling much better but I am not going to let that make me go crazy doing all the things I think I can do. Slow and Easy wins the race.

10 comments:

Tina said...

That Nativity scene is wonderful, your friends are very talented! You are smart to take your recovery slow and easy -- I would probably get frustrated and try to do too much too soon so you're an inspiration for me! Praying for Kayleigh's family. I have been following their story on Facebook and they have touched my life and many others with their faith throughout this ordeal! Have a fantastic day!

Summer said...

I am so thankful for good friends too ♥ Enjoy your day ♥

Heather said...

The nativity is so cute! We have been slowly adding things to our Christmas decorations and a nativity scene is something we still need to find. I have been following Kayleigh's journey on fb. I mourn with her family, but rejoice that she is now with her Savoir and in no pain. Keep taking it easy!

Terri D said...

Yes..slow and easy. That's the best way to heal completely! The Nativity set is so pretty! You are running out of room for cards! It is always heartwarming to know so many care and are praying for you. I'm terrible about mailing cards, but you have been in my prayers! I will also offer prayer for Kayleigh's family. How very sad for those left behind. Blessings for all!

Gina said...

Love your hutch. Another card is on its way to add to your collection! :-)

Glad to hear that rain is on the way. Prayers for little Kayleigh's family. It has been a long struggle.

When I look at that manger scene, for some reason they look like they are made out of pie dough. Yum!

doodles n daydreams said...

Aaagh, Arlene, Christmas nativities already :) But it really is rather lovely. Pleased to hear you are healing up well and yes slow and easy does it. My Mum has been learning that this year. Her excuse for rushing - well when you've had six kids you get used to rushing around.

Diana

sharon said...

Beautiful nativity scene. I have followed Kayleigh's story on Facebook. Praying for her family in this difficult time.

Mari said...

Those cards are such a visible expression of love. I need to do better at sending cards. My good intentions don't get past my forgetful brain.
I love that nativity - your friend is very talented.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Someone once told me, "If the doctor says take it easy, then do what he says!" Glad you are on the mend and taking it slow! Love the nativity figures! So sweet.

Carol said...

I've been away, Arlene, and am just now catching up with my blog reading. I'm happy to know you are feeling better and that all of those wonderful notes and cards have made a difference in your healing. The Nativity set is so special--what a dear and talented friend you have...