Followers

Monday, November 21, 2016

Nana's Darlins.

Here are some of the photos from Saturday at Amelia's home. I always start out with the best intentions to get lots of pictures and after I get some of the grands, I put the camera down and that is that.


I did get this one of Todd and Amelia in the kitchen.  Todd just remodeled the kitchen, doing all the work himself. The glass back splash really makes this room.


Elliott talks about Audrey all the time. He will walk around the house, looking for her pictures but when they met in person on Saturday, both were being shy.


Landon, Husdon, Kendall, Margaret and Elliott are ready to eat!!


Hampton  and Baylor are in this picture...both are a bit camera shy.




Elliott is warming up to Audrey.

My two babies...


Audrey seems to like Margaret best...giving her a high five.


We all laughed at this one...Amelia titled it Thug Life. They do look rather GRIMM. We have always called Elliott "the Judge" because he can give you some really hard stares as if evaluating if he wishes to have anything to do with you!!

My adult children say I never take any pictures of them, just the kids.:) Oh well.

I am sitting in my cozy chair this morning, listening to Christmas carols on our local easy listening station. I happened upon it the other day. In the past they wait until the day after Thanksgiving to air Christmas carols.  I have to admit I am itching to put out some of my Christmas things.  We will not be having a big Thanksgiving dinner here on Thursday so I may begin putting out my nativities etc.

I go back to my doctor today for a re check. I am feeling much better today...every day is an improvement in the soreness. And I must say the surgery has done just as promised and I feel like I have a pre baby bladder!! ( Sorry if that is TMI). If you are on the fence about having this type of surgery I will give you a thumbs up for it. Of course, you need to come to Alabama and have my wonderful doctor do it for you!!

Since I have some good energy this morning, I am going to do a few chores! Laying around the house had its advantages but I love being active and with Christmas coming, I have lots to do!!

7 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What sweet photos...big kids too! And I read your other posts and see that you've had surgery on a problem a lot of ladies have. Try to take is easy awhile longer though and give yourself time to heal. I know that's hard because you love to be doing..and going! Happy Thanksgiving my friend. Hugs, Diane

Arlene Grimm said...

Diane, I have been missing you!! I know you are taking a blog break but just wanted to let you know, I love reading what is going on at your house. I am trying to take it slow. I guess I will get more doctors instructions this afternoon. Marvin has been good about making me obey orders.:)

Terri D said...

Absolutely adorable photos of all the kids (especially!). Looks like a fun time was had by all. That kitchen back-splash is beautiful! Wow! Nice job. Take it easy getting out your Christmas decoration, Arlene. Don't over-do!! It IS that time of year, and I've been listening to Christmas music for a week now on our easy-listening station. Tis the season! Hugs!

Cranberry Morning said...

I always love seeing blog friends' families on their posts. It just gives us a better feel for who our bloggers are. I'm like you, taking photos of the grandkids mostly. Besides, the adults are more difficult and hardly cooperative when it comes to getting their photo taken! I'm glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, and now you have me in the mood to putting some John Rutter Christmas music on Spotify!

sharon said...

You have a beautiful family. I had the same surgery several years ago and it was one of the best things I have did!

Barbara said...

Wonderful times.

Barbara said...

And what I can see of the kitchen redo is gorgeous.