Followers

Friday, November 11, 2016

Picture Stream

Another Stream of Consciousness with photos!  I am beginning to feel like the March Girls in Little Women when Marmee made them take a week off from doing anything just to teach them not to complain!!  While I can stitch and do quiet things, I am getting bored of relaxing. My friend, Deborah, gave me a new coloring book. Maybe I will enjoy it today.

1. Happy Veterans Day. Here is my young daddy, serving in Japan during the Korean Conflict. He was an Army Sea Horse. He was a member of the crew of the ships that took the troops from Japan to Korea. Stationed at Camp McGill he made life long friends with his Army buddies.

2. Target has their Christmas items on display. I picked up these glasses before my surgery.


I put the white paper towel in the glass so you can better see the design. I have a set of Christmas dishes that  needed some glasses. These are the perfect size for the grands to use and they are acrylic.

3. And speaking of Christmas....here are some of the projects I have been working on.

Charles had asked me to do this ornament for Audrey. I had done one for him and for Nancy so now Miss A has her special ornament as well. The little Gingerbread house is from Country Cottage Needleworks. I thought it turned out well and I finished it myself so I can display it with my Cracker Barrel Gingerbread house that comes out every December.

4.  Here is the stitching I am working on while recuperating from surgery.  I have not stitched on Aida fabric in quite a while, preferring linen or even weave but I love the pretty spring colors on this stitch, Daffodils by Prairie Schooler.



5. And a little house update...the floors are in!  Painting will be done next and our contractor tells us it should be completed in three weeks! Merry Christmas to me.

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings this morning. And they are ramblings as my mind is still rather wonky from all the meds! Day by Day I am needing less pain management and I am so thankful for that!  

7 comments:

Mildred said...

Hi Arlene, Saying a prayer for you this a.m. that you have a good day.
I appreciate your Dad's service to our Country. What a handsome photo of him.
I love the cross stitch for Audrey and the little gingerbread. You did an awesome job. A LONG time ago, I would make cross stitch ornaments for the children of John's co-workers just like you made for Audrey! Some of those "children" have kids of their own now!
You mentioned your Cracker Barrel house...at our local IGA yesterday, their deli had Cracker Barrel turkey breast. I ordered some slices and it is the BEST ever!
Very pretty Spring cross stitch project, too. After the holidays, I like to just skip to Spring! lol
I won't be posting much during the rest of the year, but I'll still be visiting.
Remembering you in prayer and sending gentle hugs. God bless you and your family!

Mildred said...

p.s. My memory is so short! lol
I forgot to say how thrilled I am about your little house nearing completion. Love the floors!
I also like your Christmas glasses and that pretty pear painting on the wall.

Linda said...

I love seeing your stitching! You do such beautiful work! Continued prayers on your recovery!

Terri D said...

Thanks for popping in with an update! I'm so glad you are feeling better and better! I always love seeing your cross stitch projects and Audrey's ornament is wonderful! The floors in the little house are beautiful. I love the color you chose! Not too dark and not too light...just right! How exciting to be almost ready to make it a home! Keep resting and healing! Blessings!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Oh Arlene! I've had such a crazy few weeks I didn't even realize you had been in the hospital! So sorry you had to go through that and I hope you're better very soon. I'm actually working on my computer now in the car with my phone for wifi connection. Zipping off to a football game this weekend, but I'm soooo tired! I think sitting with a quiet project sounds like a soothing way to recover. Prayers for your quick healing!

Arlene Grimm said...

Mildred I am sure those ornaments you made are heirlooms today. I am going to be on the look out for the Cracker Barrel Turkey. Linda, my stitching is my therapy!! I am sure you find the same solace in your beautiful paintings. Terri I am getting so excited about finally being able to decorate the little house! Leslie Anne, I am feeling much better this morning. It just takes time as they say. So glad you are doing better as well. Your writing is a bright spot in my day. I love your sense of humor.

Gina said...

Arlene, pretty Christmas glasses! And your floors are gorgeous! Love your cross stitch especially the gingerbread man. Too cute!

And your father looks rather cocky with his hat askew! ♥