1. Happy Veterans Day. Here is my young daddy, serving in Japan during the Korean Conflict. He was an Army Sea Horse. He was a member of the crew of the ships that took the troops from Japan to Korea. Stationed at Camp McGill he made life long friends with his Army buddies.
2. Target has their Christmas items on display. I picked up these glasses before my surgery.
I put the white paper towel in the glass so you can better see the design. I have a set of Christmas dishes that needed some glasses. These are the perfect size for the grands to use and they are acrylic.
3. And speaking of Christmas....here are some of the projects I have been working on.
Charles had asked me to do this ornament for Audrey. I had done one for him and for Nancy so now Miss A has her special ornament as well. The little Gingerbread house is from Country Cottage Needleworks. I thought it turned out well and I finished it myself so I can display it with my Cracker Barrel Gingerbread house that comes out every December.
4. Here is the stitching I am working on while recuperating from surgery. I have not stitched on Aida fabric in quite a while, preferring linen or even weave but I love the pretty spring colors on this stitch, Daffodils by Prairie Schooler.
5. And a little house update...the floors are in! Painting will be done next and our contractor tells us it should be completed in three weeks! Merry Christmas to me.
Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings this morning. And they are ramblings as my mind is still rather wonky from all the meds! Day by Day I am needing less pain management and I am so thankful for that!