Followers

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Purple for Kayleigh

 Our friends, Bill and Beth, will say good bye to their precious 7 year old granddaughter Kayleigh, tomorrow.   Kayleigh's church, Central Baptist, lit up the cross and the fountain in purple for her visitation today and her funeral tomorrow.

If you are wondering why a church has this big fountain, the building used to house a large insurance company before the building was a church.  It made me smile to see this on Facebook last night. Many businesses in the area have displayed purple ribbons for Kayleigh during her cancer fight. It has really been a community effort to pray for and encourage Kayleigh and her family.

For those of you who have read Caroow's posts about their cancer journey, you will be happy to hear that Carrow wants to continue to write at that site, helping others who are in similar situations.  Carrow is a lovely lady and her faith has been amazing to read about at Prayers for Kayleigh.

Here at Nanaland, I find I feel better each day.  I actually slept in my bed for the first time last night and it was so wonderful.  I received two lovely packages in the mail yesterday. Lanier sent me a copy of the Magnolia magazine put out by Chip and Joanna Gaines and in addition to that she is sending me a Matilda Jane outfit to wear while I am in recovery mode. Their clothes are so comfy that you feel you are wearing pjs.  And my sweet blog friend and secret sister, Sandy, sent me a beautiful set of monogrammed napkins. You can find Sandy's blog on my blog roll. ....I Majored in Home Economics.  And while she taught math and science for many years, she has lost none of her skills in the home making arena.  I told her they were the perfect color of green as they will match my Desert Rose everyday china.   Both these ladies are such a blessing!

I am going to Friend Day. Susan is driving me to lunch today. We are celebrating Susan's birthday at BB Perrins here in Decatur. Benny Perrin is an old BAMA football player who now serves us some mean BBQ as well as tasty chicken fingers.  Marvin told me to bring him a cup of their gumbo for dinner this evening.

Have a blessed day friends.

4 comments:

Katie Clooney said...

Arlene... I feel so sad for Kaleigh's family. I am happy that you are feeling better. Enjoy your lunch!!

Karen said...

My heart goes out to this family. So nice that the church and community have been such a support. Glad you are getting better day by day.

Mari said...

I love the support shown for that family!
So glad you are feeling better and feeling loved too!

Terri D said...

What a great thing the city and now the church has done in memory of Kaleigh. So very sad to lose one so young.

I'm happy you are feeling better and better!! Take it easy for awhile yet, though! I know you are being careful!