Followers

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Thanksgiving Vignette

I put together this Thanksgiving Vignette on my breakfast bar before I had surgery.  And I am glad I did as it is my cheery spot in the kitchen, dining room.


I moved my MOPs pumpkins in here for the rest of the season of thanks.



Prairie Schooler sampler.

My tea cart got some thanksgiving touches as well. The little cloth pumpkins were made at MOPs last year. And see the little silver hedgehog? Susan found three of them at Big Lots in the Christmas decor aisle and she brought one to me and one to Deborah so all of us besties have a little hedgehog.  The sampler on the tea cart is an old one, I believe it is from a Leisure Arts book. Give Thanks to the Lord for He is Good. One of my favorite Bible verses!

And I want to take a moment to thank all of you for the love and concern showered on me as I recover from my "maintainance" surgery. :) My kitchen hutch is FULL of cards from friends here in Decatur and out in Blogdom.  The Blogging community is such an encouragement to its members. So thanks for your sweet comments, your cards and your prayers.

9 comments:

Sandy said...

Glad you are on the mend. I am trying to soak up Thanksgiving and not rush the days. I think the cooler weather actually feels like fall for the first time, but you are so right...we need rain!!!

Summer said...

Beautiful styling♥ SO good that you are doing better ♥

Linda said...

So happy to hear you are feeling better!!! It all looks so pretty at your place!

Mrs.T said...

Beautiful vignette, Arlene! Both of the samplers are beautiful! And I love the little silver hedgehog! What a fun connection for three best friends to share!

Am glad you are on the mend and that you have received so many encouraging cards. You have "shown yourself friendly" to others and now you are reaping the benefits of that friendliness.

Terri D said...

Your decorations are always done picture perfect!! I'm glad you are feeling better and better and are able to take it easy as you heal. Prayers continue!

Heather said...

Love your decorations, especially the little wooden pumpkins. So cute! Glad you are on the mend and feeling better!

Mari said...

Everything looks so cute at your place! Glad you continue to heal! Hope you are soon back to normal. :)

Gina said...

Your vignettes are lovely. I don't know why I'm running late this year. I still need to put the Halloween things away. I do have some Thanksgiving things here and there.

Carol said...

Such a lovely Thanksgiving vignette, Arlene! I have stitched that PS sampler, too, but haven't framed it yet. Sigh... I am the worst at getting things framed!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving...