Followers

Saturday, November 12, 2016

The Best Medicine

Katy sent me this picture yesterday! Elliott found an old pair of Margaret's glasses and decided that they were just the right fashion accessory.   It did make me laugh which is the best medicine for recovery.

Please continue to pray for Rain. My sister sent me some pictures of the farm and the smoke from the fires that are nearby is alarming. Brave firefighters need supernatural help.  My own sweet daddy was a US Forest Service employee and he fought many a forest fire in his day. I can remember listening to his stories fighting those big fires. It is a very dangerous job and I am praying for the families of the men who are trying to stop this devastation.  I remember laying awake at night waiting to hear my Daddy's truck coming up the driveway. I was always glad when he made it home after being at a fire.

Marvin is driving me to the store today to get a few groceries. It will be good to get out of the house for a bit.  Have a good weekend Ladies.

5 comments:

Terri D said...

Glad you are continuing to heal and that you feel like getting out for awhile! That's a very cute photo of Elliott with Margaret's glasses! I remember when she wore those. What a cutie! Take care and continue to heal!

Sandy said...

Glad you are on the mend. I didn't get to comment on your last post as we were at the farm and I was a busy bee, but I loved your little ornament for Audrey and the other one too.
Yes, we need rain so badly. Our pond is nearly dry. We have run the pump for two full weekends and it is still so low. Everything is so dry that it would only take a small spark to start a fire.

Mari said...

What a cute photo! I'm glad you are feeling better and am praying you continue to improve!

Karen said...

Glad you were able to get out for a bit today. That cute photo made you smile! I'm also praying for rain. My sister Mildred has been getting the smoke in north Georgia.

Gina said...

Arlene, Oh dear! I've been away from my computer and had no idea that your home is in danger. Prayers sent your way. And I will read your previous posts to see if I can find more info..