Followers

Monday, December 12, 2016

A Holly Jolly Weekend

We had a nice weekend, celebrating the season. We started off with our Sunday School Class Christmas Party Saturday evening.  We always have lots of good food and a rousing game of Dirty Santa. We got a few pictures tool

The guys...Marvin had to sit in the chair because he is the tallest!

The ladies...

Some of the funnier Dirty Santa gifts were POO Pourri. ( If you do not know what this is, I will not elaborate but I will say that the tv commercials for this product make me hit the MUTE button.) One of the guys received a toilet bowl light. It comes on automatically when someone enters the  bathroom at night.  I got a big bag of coffee from Starbucks along with one of the new Starbucks mugs. Marvin got a nice wallet.

On Sunday we were off to Nashville's James K Polk Theater to see ....


These guys put on a great show and if you are not familiar with them, check them out on You Tube. Their renditions of O Holy Night and How Great Thou Art  were just amazing. And we all got our picture made with them.

If you enlarge the photo you can see us in the section to the left. We had great seats and thoroughly enjoyed the show with our friends, the Gosnells.  Thanks to Barry for driving. He is a Tennessee native and knows Nashville well.

When I got home from Nashville, I found a package had been delivered and it was a book that I had won from Mari's giveaway. ( Mari's blog is My Little Corner of the World.) Where Jesus Slept is a beautifully illustrated book telling the story of the Nativity.  I know the Grands will love finding a new book in the Book Box.

So a great weekend all the way around. Happy Monday! On to another good week.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Looks if you guys did have a rousing fun weekend. I will have to check out the group.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's such a festive time of year! Love your group photos! How do you have time for everything? I should try to follow you around! Holiday hugs, Diane

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

What a joy-filled time to be with friends and hear good music!

Katie Clooney said...

What a fun weekend you had, Arlene. I could almost hear the laughter during that rousing game of dirty Santa! Enjoy your week.

Karen said...

I have heard this group online. That must have been an awesome concert. Your party looks like lots of fun.

Mari said...

I've heard that group and they are good! Your party looks fun too. We have one tomorrow evening with our small group from church and are doing white elephant gifts. We'll see what crazy things show up!
Glad you like the book!

Arlene Grimm said...

It was a fun but tiring weekend so Diane, i will say that my energy may look better on the blog.:) We did have fun, made some memories to mull over in the days ahead and was ever so grateful to crawl between the covers on Sunday evening.