Followers

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Christmas in the Dining Room

I am so enjoying my Christmas sparkle around the house. It really does make these dark December evenings glow!

Here is my dining room table. I purchased this bright table runner at the Central Methodist Christmas Market last year and I still love it.   My little Christmas tree is sitting on a Boopie Cake Plate.  I have learned that using different heights in decorating can make all the difference.


Here is the Christmas banner I made in January. It features all my grands at their first Christmas. Thanks to Shutterfly I was able to make  this cute display. Kendall, Landon, Margaret, Baylor, Elliott and Audrey are my Christmas Blessings for sure.

My Santas surround our antique clock on the buffet.

And my favorite Santa...

This picture of Landon just cracks me up!! His kindergarten teacher made this snapshot and this picture will always and forever be a part of my Christmas display.

I am reading Belgravia by Julian Fellowes. You know he is the genius that came up with Downton Abbey. So far I am enjoying this book I got from the New Book section at the Library.  If you loved DA, you will enjoy this book. I am about half way through and it is keeping my interest. I love the way Mr Fellowes knows and writes about the class system  in Great Britain. This book is set in the 1840s so a bit earlier than Downton but with all the protocol that I loved in the Masterpiece Series. I will do a review when I finish the book.

We are off to pick up Margaret at one...then home for the Alabama/ Florida play off game, While Grandpa watches football Margaret and I will find something fun to do!! Meanwhile I have some Christmas gifts to wrap and put under the tree before Miss Nosy gets here!!!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

It all looks great and I loved seeing the pictures yesterday. Miss Margaret is adorable, but so are all the rest too:)

Terri D said...

Beautiful Christmas displays!! I love that table runner and the tree on the cake plate. Great idea! I know you had some fun with that sweet girl!!

Gina said...

Arlene, it looks like you have a whole conference of Santas there! Love that garland! I've been out of sorts but I think I'm on the mend now. xo

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks friends. Gina, I have been missing you, glad you are feeling better. Sandy, I love having the grands but after getting Margaret ready for church I know why 60 year olds do not have 7 year olds. Terri, I love decorating and trying something new each year. I have to switch it up a bit.:)

Barbara said...

I loooove that Banner. That is the cutest idea.