Followers

Friday, December 30, 2016

Happy New Year

After a week at Grimmwood, where there is no internet, it is good to be back on the grid!!  We had a lovely Christmas. It was just me and Marvin but we were busy all day. Church in the morning, then we took in a Christmas buffet at Doubletree by the River. It was a delicious lunch and no tempting left overs. After lunch we took off to see the new Star Wars movie, Rogue One.  Even though we were off the grid, we did hear of Carrie Fisher's death as well as her mother, Debbie Reynolds.  Carrie Fisher will always be Princess Leia to me.  Rogue One was a different sort of Star Wars film but one that made you think. Doing the right thing can be costly.

Monday morning we headed off to our little house. We were loaded down with all the things we had forgotten to take along last week. But we had all week to "fluff" our house so I do have pictures.

Our coffee bar....and all my samplers in the background.

Blessed certainly describes our feelings about Grimmwood.

We do have some lovely mountains around our property.

Our living room. Unfortunately the tv stand we purchased at the local antique store, did not work with our tv. So we were off to Walmart to get a replacement. We had to put it together but we managed to get it done with a minimum of fussing.:)

Holds our coffee filled Yeti cups perfectly.

It was very foggy one morning.

Marvin relaxing on the love seat.

Bathroom pictures and the nice mirror I found at Kirklands. I am still looking for a shower curtain.

Twin bed in the guest room.

Smokey Bear book in memory of my daddy.

Our bed with custom headboard.

My bedside table with a nice gift from my dear friend, Linda. She also brought me a pretty throw for my blanket basket.

Marvin's brother, William, and his wife, Barbara, came to visit us. Barbara brought me several Longaberger baskets she no longer wanted. ( thank you thank you thank you). She was a dealer back in the 90s.

Trying out the swing....

Nephew, Douglas, took this pretty picture from the porch at sunset.

I am so glad to be back to blogging and visiting with all my friends. It will take me a day or two to catch up with everyone but I will be reading all weekend.

9 comments:

Jan said...

Your Grimmwood is beautiful!

Mildred said...

Thank you for sharing the photos. Oh, everything is lovely! So very excited for you guys. Happy New Year!

Sandy said...

Grimmwood is just perfect. I love the coffee bar and the kitchen and the chickens in the bathroom and I love it all. Especially the samplers and the chickens. Y'all are going to just love it up there.
We went to see Rogue One and I loved it. We were sitting in the theater when Debbie died. I looked at my phone as we were getting up. Kind of weird to have just see the last scene with Carrie and then read the news.

Terri D said...

Grimmwood is so lovely! It looks cozy and so comfortable. What a wonderful blessing! I love how you have decorated!! Your samplers are perfect for that wall. I would be drinking coffee morning, noon and night!

Gina said...

Arlene, How lovely to be off the grid! I love your coffee bar and everything Grimmwood. I especially love the picture of the fog on the lake.

I've moved to WordPress. You can read about it on withtwigsandbranches.com. I am enjoying the creative writing aspect of it. Hope to see you there!

Mari said...

I am loving seeing the photos of Grimmwood! Everything looks so cozy and pretty. The foggy photo is beauitufl.
I'm concerned though - are we going to lose you when you move? Or will you get internet?

Arlene Grimm said...

Mari, if we ever move their permanently, we will get internet. Thanks all you sweet ladies for your comments. I will say that 1000 square feet is much easier to clean than 2500!!

Carol said...

Just popping in to wish you a most Happy New Year, Arlene! I've enjoyed reading your blog this year and am just a tiny bit jealous of your small get-away home. It is so darling and the setting is amazing!

Wishing you every happiness in 2017!

Linda said...

Grimmwood! How lovely!! I am thrilled to have been able to watch this happen right here on your blog! Now you are THERE! We hope to go to the ranch on Tuesday and spend a few days. Your place looks wonderful!! all the comforts of HOME!