Our MOPs Christmas Party is always fun! This year the Craft Coordinators outdid themselves. I brought home THREE new Christmas items.
But before I show you my crafts, I wanted to tell you a bit about my Christmas Devotional called Sweet Christmas. Julie Britnell posted this devotional online and I was happy to use it with my MOPs Moms. The aim of the devotional is to grab the attention of your children when you are telling the Christmas story. Candy always lures me in, even at my older age.
1. Rocky Road Ice Cream...this should remind us of the arduous journey that Mary made from Nazareth to Bethlehem. And she was not riding in a mini van!! Our pastor pointed out Sunday that no where in the Bible does it say Mary even rode a donkey to Bethlehem.
2. Sugar Babies....the sweetest of babies was born in a Manger and he would grow up to become our Savior
3. Candy Cane....reminds of the Shepherd's staff and that the Shepherds were the first to hear of the Savior's birth.
4. Almond Joy....The Shepherds rejoiced and went to see the baby in the stable.
5. Starburst....the Star proclaimed the place where the baby lay.
6. Smarties... The Three Wise men were smart men who were awaiting the birth of a King.
7.Hershey Nuggets...reminds us of the Gold and other treasures that the Wise Men brought to Jesus
8. Dove... a symbol of peace this candy reminds us that we can all have peace in our hearts because of Jesus death on the cross.
I made up bags of these candies and gave them as door prizes for the mom with the newest baby, the most children, the member who had been attending MOPs the longest time and finally a mom with a preschooler and a teenager.( I thought she really needed that candy for herself!!).
Now...on to the crafts...
Stephanie, our leader, made these beautiful ornaments for her steering committee.
So there you have it...we all had a great time just visiting as we worked. I am so thankful for these ladies. They are a joy and a delight!!