Followers

Friday, December 9, 2016

Up On the Mantle

Our town house was built so that the television connections are above the mantle.  It rather limits what I can do to decorate that area for Christmas.  But I have come up with a pretty display on either side of the television.

Tall glass cylinders with ornaments inside along with some shiny tinsel brightens up the edges of my mantle.

I add some of those Big Ball ornaments along with votives and some more shininess that I found at the Dollar Tree of all places  Jingle bells are scattered around as well.  Check out the Dollar Tree...they often have real bargains on holiday items.

I have been enjoying Mrs Erica's 25 Days of VLOGmas on You Tube. Each day she uploads a 7 minute video with hints for decorating and making merry. Yesterday she shared her hot chocolate bar, which I love but underneath the bar she had sit up a little area with bags, small tupperware containers , zip lock bags and napkins so that when your guests leave they can take some Christmas treats with them.  I thought that was a great idea so you are not running around trying to locate containers when guests are ready to leave.  She also keeps me up to date on what is available in the Target Dollar Spot.

I am off to MOPs today. It is our Christmas Party and I am doing the Devotion...A Sweet Christmas. I got the idea online and I am giving credit to the lady who came up with this devotion but at the moment her name escapes me.  Using pieces of candy, you can share the Christmas story with your children. That would keep their attention wouldn't it???

Have a blessed day Blog Friends.

8 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Arlene, it sounds like you are enjoying the holidays. I love your pretty Christmas decorations.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Julie xo

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You added some pretty color and bling to your mantle! Enjoy your weekend sweet friend. Hugs!

Sandy said...

Very pretty. Merry and Bright.

Terri D said...

I really love your mantle decorations! What a great idea to put the ornaments in the glass cylinder! I'm sure your MOPs Christmas party was lots of fun!

Mari said...

Your decorations look so pretty!
Our MOPS party is Tuesday. I like your devotion idea!

doodles n daydreams said...

Your Christmas decor is lovely. I haven't done much this year, if it couldn't go on the tree or sit on a flat surface it didn't happen, But I'm happy with it, maybe a little tweaking here and there but to all intents and purposes it is done. I also like bling.

Diana

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Ladies....I am done with all my decorating now. I might pick up a few things at TJ Maxx when they do their just before Christmas sale. Those things will be put away for next year.

Barbara said...

The mantle is perfect. Just enough glitter and shine to feel festive. Would never think it was arranged around the tv.