Followers

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

You Can Always Use More Bling!

I admit it, I love some bling at Christmas time. I enjoy going through the living room and dining room, turning on the Christmas tree, the lamp by the nativity and my Gingerbread House. I even add some sparkle to my China Cabinet.


When all the December Bling is put away, I bring out some silver and gold for January as well as my Snowmen collection. I need something to soften the blow of putting away the Christmas decorations. I also use lots of votive candles ...they give such a pretty glow in the dark afternoons.

Little house update...
If all goes as planned the house should be done next Monday!! Once the Gas company  puts in the tank for our gas logs we will be able to start moving in!! Appliances and Cabinets are going in today and tomorrow. I am hopeful that my cabinets looks like I picture them in my head. Working with a craftsman long distance is nerve wracking. I have decided that no matter what they look like, I will be HAPPY.  You can be sure that I will be posting pictures when we get over there in two weeks.. I am really looking forward to having a little farm house for a get away from the cares of life. 

Well it is another cleaning day here in Nanaland so I better get busy!! Have a blessed day dear friends.


8 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love how you've used some crystal glasses to show off pretty balls! I need more lights! lol Hugs!

Katie Clooney said...

I love sparkles at the holidays!! How exciting to be moving into your new house over the holidays! Hope it all goes smoothly, Arlene.

Terri D said...

I love the bling too, but you have outdone mine! I need to go shopping for some new things when the sales start after Christmas. But wait! I'm supposed to be downsizing! Ha! Your "little house" is going to be so nice and that it will be finished on Monday is just so exciting! I am looking forward to seeing photos and hearing all about your move in!!

Sandy said...

I love the bling as well. With the dark nights, the glow of the tree and candles helps brighten the spirits. I can't wait to see the little house. I know you will love it and enjoy.

Mari said...

This is so exciting! Can't wait to see more pictures of the house!

Cranberry Morning said...

The little farmhouse getaway sounds wonderful for you. I love your idea of silver and gold and votives for the winter months. I must use more candles!!

Gina said...

I am excited to see your pictures of your little House. Maybe next Christmas you will be celebrating there!

Barbara said...

I love bling in my Christmas too. When I had a big house I would make each room different. Maybe one homespun and another carved wooden objects. Now I just have a little space but that's all it takes to get a good Christmas feeling all around.