Followers

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

At the Library

Friends, if you know me you know I LOVE LIBRARIES.   For me the free library is one of the treasures you enjoy as an American. I have gone to the library regularly since I was a child.  Today was library day and I picked up three good books.

I took a chance and checked the shelves for any of the reissues of the Miss Buncle Books by D E  Stevenson.  I almost did a happy dance right there when I found the next book in the series. I own the first book and I am thinking I am going to have to have these for my own library. I put several of Ms Stevenson's books on my Amazon Wish List.

Chevy Stevens is one of my favorite contemporary authors. Her book, Still Missing, gives me chills just thinking of it. I look forward to reading this one.

And finally if you know me you know I have always been fascinated by the Kennedy family. JFK is the first president that I really remember and let's face it, he was one good looking man. In fact one of my mother's friends voted for him because he was so good looking.  When I saw KICK on the shelf I knew it had to be about Kick Kennedy.

She is one of the lesser known Kennedy children and her tragic death at a young age adds to her mystique.  She was married to the heir of Chatsworth. I love anything having to do with England and Chatsworth, Georgia is my hometown.   This book caught my interest for several reasons.

I am off to have breakfast with the Besties tomorrow. We had conflicts for our regular Thursday lunch so we decided to do Wednesday Breakfast. We really try to make our time together a priority.  Since we have been meeting once a week for 20 years now, we value our time to eat, fellowship and occasionally(?) gripe.  These ladies know everything about me and they still love me...those friends so not come around often.

Thanks for all the condolences on the game. Clemson won fair and square and their coach is an outstanding role model for his team.  I hope BAMA will be back in the Championship next year.

5 comments:

Mildred said...

Your book selections all sound very good. We stopped at Cracker Barrel recently and saw a group of ladies that remind me of the group you meet with. They were having a late Christmas present exchange.
We have some rain this a.m. which we need desperately.

Carol said...

As a librarian--I love that you love libraries!! People who don't use them are really missing out on lots of free treasures :)

Arlene Grimm said...

I am glad to hear there are other ladies who "lunch" Mildred. We had a good breakfast at Mr Henry's a local restaurant. We sat there much too long.:) Carol, I think if I could do my career over, i would like to be a librarian or own a bookstore like Kathleen on You've Got Mail. I think introducing young ones to reading is such a privilege.

Terri D said...

Thanks for the book previews! My Joe likes Kennedy history too. He got to meet many of them, including Jackie, when he was a young accountant in New York and worked on the Kennedy trust funds. He has some interesting stories. I'm lunching with my 'besties' on Friday. Good times!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri, tell Joe he has to give me all the dirt.LOL