Followers

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Cross Stitching on a Cold Day

No snow here but COLD!! I am wearing two layers of clothing as my poor thin Southern blood is in revolt against these cold temps. Over in North Georgia, our  family reports that they got about two inches of snow overnight. But one thing about the south, we do not stay cold for long. By next week the thermometers will be registering in the 60s. And I cannot wait.

Thankfully, Marvin and I have no place to go and nothing to do so we can hibernate here at the house. I will be working on some of my cross stitch pieces. Since finding Floss Tube and Stitch Maynia(Facebook page), I have started working on a rotation. Right now I have four pieces in progress and I plan to start my Smoky Mountain Christmas today.

Here is my present piece...Lakeside Lodge by  Country House Needleworks. I plan to hang this one at the little house and I stitched the house to look like Grimmwood.  And note my PURSE needle minder on the side.

I am almost done with this one...Lizzie Kate designs. I am enjoying working on Aida again. Most of the time I use even weave.

February by Prairie Schooler. I had hoped to have it done by February..we will see.

March by Prairie Schooler. Do you see a theme? Prairie Schooler months of the year have been some of my favorite projects.

My project bag from Tonya's Sewing Room on ETSY.  I love this vintage material.

My friend, Susan, gave me this little Guardian Angel pull that works great on my project bag. And maybe she will keep the FROG far away. You know, when you make a mistake you have to rip it rip it rip it.  No frogs near my projects!!

Ta Da....my newest project, Smoky Mountain Christmas will be done on this hand dyed fabric.  I am just doing the santa and the sleigh. I will add some snow for effect. Thanks to Marlene at The Cross Stitch Peddler for helping me figure this one out.It takes a big piece of material so it was pricy. I admit I have never paid this much for a piece of fabric before so I have to do this project to completion.  I am looking forward to working on it. I will start it today!

And looking forward... here are three patterns I hope to work on soon.

My to do list from Ben and Katy.

Something for Easter. I also ordered a Quaker Egg that has not arrived yet. It is a beauty.

I just loved this small pattern. It will not take long to work up!!

So there you have it,  my obsession.  As one needlework pattern exclaims, " I cross stitch to keep from killing people." Well I am not that out of control but I do find the needlework really helps me to calm down and feel creative at the same time.

Stay warm friends!!

8 comments:

Jedidja said...

I love you needlework. So cozy!

Sandy said...

Oh my goodness. So many good things. There are just not enough hours.

I have been busy finishing up my painting project. I will share next week. This evening I went to get thread to work on my books of the Bible project. Of course, Joann's didn't have it. I don't know why I bother. I sat down and made an order online. I am just going to save gas money and do that from now on. I have things lined up as well. Update soon.
It was very chilly here as well. Not my favorite kind of weather. Good day for getting things done inside though.

Terri D said...

You do beautiful work! My friend, Shirley, is also a good cross stitcher. Wish I had the patience for it! Can't wait to see all of your finished projects!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You make the most beautiful designs. You really make me wonder if I could do this again! I enjoyed it in the past! I'm going to have to think seriously about it because I gave my thread away when we moved. Enjoy your day! Hugs!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Friends...Sandy, I can't wait to see your finished project. Terri, I have upped my game since finding Floss Tube on You Tube. Diane, you can do it!! But if you do not want to invest the time and money, watching Floss Tube is an alternative. I am amazed at what some of these stitchers produce. They are much more prolific than I am.

Carol said...

What a wonderful stitch-filled post, Arlene! I love the PS Monthly Samplers so much and have done several. I would love to stitch them all some day and find a frame to change them monthly...

Glad you escaped the snow (we, surprisingly, had only an inch here in western PA!)--stay warm now!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I came back to read your comments and now I'm wondering if I should do a kit. I'll look at the Floss Tube! Thanks!

Gina said...

Oh dear, I commented the other day and it disappeared. Now I can't remember what I said.