Followers

Monday, January 30, 2017

Down on the Farm with Lee and Lanier

We spent the weekend at Grimmwood with Marvin's brother, Lee and his wife, Lanier.  It was a chilly weekend but we had a good time.

We enjoyed some time Friday afternoon just warming up after the guys played outside.:) Marvin is thinking of getting a rifle to have there so he and his brother honed their skills with Lee's new rifle.  Lanier brought a baby blanket she is working on...she was doing a pretty crocheted edging around the soft flannel.

The fire felt good on a chilly afternoon.

I finished up a Christmas ornament I was working on.  Now to fully finish it.

Going out for supper, we stopped to get a picture by the pond.

Lanier was very interested in the Tornado Shelter at my Mother's house. Lanier said she felt safer knowing it was there. Son Charles told her that she would have to climb over barbed wire and avoid flying cows to get to it from Grimmwood should there be a tornado. I think he has watched the movie, Twister, way too much!!

The cows came to tell us goodbye on Sunday morning.

Until next time! Lee and Lanier gave us a rocking chair from Cracker Barrel for a housewarming gift so I told them they had to come back when it was warmer to help us break  it in.

 We do enjoy our weekends at Grimmwood and we love sharing it with friends and family.

11 comments:

Mildred said...

I imagine the fire felt wonderful...we had snow flurries and a little sleet to fall yesterday. So glad you are enjoying Grimmwood with family and friends. It is beautiful.

Sandy said...

Love every picture. I like that tornado shelter too!!! And that cute purse!

Mrs.T said...

This was so much fun to read, Arlene. The pictures are great. What a blessing to have a place like Grimmwood to retreat to!

Cranberry Morning said...

I so enjoyed the photos and laughed at the flying cows bit. 😀 Such industrious women, both with needlework! I like the name Lanier. The first I heard it was in reading about General Longstreet.

Terri D said...

Those boys sure do look alike! No mistaking the relationship! Looks like you had a great weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a wonderful place to go for the weekend..or longer! I know you love it! Hugs!

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy...my Christmas gift to me from me from i Love Dooney. Now that Marvin is retired i will have to save up for purses.:) Mildred, we used that fireplace a lot. It was very chilly on Friday.Mrs T, you need to come South and I will take you to Grimmwood. Judy, my son thinks he is a comedian but it was a funny quip. I could picture the cows flying through the air. Terri, I married the most handsome one.:) Diane, I wish I could host all my blog friends at my little house. I know we would have fun.

Linda said...

I don't think I've ever seen a tornado shelter like that! Really cool! Wonder if it has been used and preserved lives?
We love our trips to the country. ust got home today but we will be going back on Friday to do Critter Chores while Dean comes to Dallas to teach martial arts class.
LD is think ing about closing in our deck in front of the camper and then we could have some rockers!! Love your place!! Nice of the cows to tell you good bye!

Arlene Grimm said...

Linda I do think my parents and sisters have used the shelter in the past. It has bunk beds inside so you could spend the night. My daddy had it built after my niece Laura was born. He wanted to protect her!! I always love seeing your pictures from the ranch. We are both blessed to have such nice getaway places.

Mari said...

You sure can tell those boys are brothers! I love that picture of you and Marvin. :)
Another cute cross-stitch too!

Gina said...

Arlene, what a wonderful weekend! I'm so excited and happy for you that your cabin is finished! Love all you've done with it. Is it very far away from your other home?