Followers

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year

Well I made it to 11:45 before I crashed last night!! And the Tide Rolled in Atlanta so my team is off to the National Championship in Tampa. Hoping they can handle the Clemson Tigers.

I got a surprise package in the mail from Ben and Katy.

Two patterns and some floss!! I think this TO DO list is a good one for the New Year. Now if I can only do it.

I know some of you choose words to live by in the New Year, rather than resolutions and I have decided to go that route this year.  I have two words for 2017, Fear Not.  Bishop Barron shared that the first message of Christmas was the Fear Not that the angels shared with the shepherds in the fields.

I admit that I have always been fearful, fretting and worrying over so many things.   When I read Bishop Barron's devotion shortly before Christmas, I knew that message was for me as well. I am going to try to quit being so fearful and to put all those things I cannot control into the Hands of the One who is in control.

I hope all of my blog friends have a Blessed 2017!

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Happy New Year Arlene. Great choice of words to live by! and love your new pattern. A pretty good list to do each day.

Terri D said...

Happy new year to you and yours, Arlene! I love your words for 2017!! I used to be a big worrier, but Joe always laughed at me and quoted: Worry is interest paid in advance for trouble that rarely comes. He is right. We have to learn to give it to God!! Not always easy, but it is so freeing. God has us in the palm of His Hand!

The sampler is great! Nice gift and great list!

Barbara said...

Oh. I like that. Fear Not. I may try that too. I do have too much fear and am anxious. That needs to go.

Mari said...

I think those are great words for the year. I think a lot of us women tend to worry - often for our kids and grands, and God can handle that way better than us!
I love the cross stitch!

Susan Graben said...

That phrase "fear not" appears over 365 times in the Bible. So that is one for every day of the year with some left over...kind of neat!

Gina said...

I love your "Fear Not" words for this new year. What strong beautiful words. Happy New Year!

doodles n daydreams said...

Happy New Year Arlene and Marvin. I only made it to about 10;30pm. All of our family were away so we sent them text messages and went away to bed :)
I have just been enjoying the photos of the little house,it seems lovely and comfortable. Lucky you.
Wishing you all the best for 2017

Diana and Bob

Linda said...

Those are very good words to live by!
That cross stitch is right up your alley! Your family knows you well!