Followers

Monday, January 16, 2017

Hendersons Potluck Dinner

My mother was a Henderson before she married my daddy.  So I have more Scotch Irish blood flowing in my veins. I have often thought of having a DNA test but I am afraid I would get mad if it came back, English, Scottish and Irish. Hey I already  know that!!  My sisters and my cousins decided we would have a family pot luck every other month. We were tired of only seeing each other at the funeral home when someone passed away.  I am sure you can relate. We all have good intentions of getting together but it never happens.  I am so glad we have put this in motion for our family.

Holly opened her home for this crazy crowd.



After having a meal of chili, chicken noodle soup and cheddar broccoli soup, the fun and games began.


My aunt Joyce still has some of her old 45 records and Holly had a record player so DANCE PARTY. Here is Aunt Joyce and her grandson, Ben, doing the twist to the original Chubby Checker record!!

My 81 year old Aunt Rachel, busted some moves too!! . We got so tickled. I hope I can move like that when I am 80. Who are we kidding, I cannot move like that now.:)

I was taking a picture of Scott, Holly and Tucker when Scott got out his camera.

Aunt Joyce and Ben.

Hayleigh and Tucker...the youngest family members in attendance.

We told stories, we laughed we shared memories. It was such a sweet time. In March we will have an Italian feast at Sharon's home. I can't wait.

8 comments:

Katie Clooney said...

Arlene... looks like a good time had by all!

Sandy said...

Love the dancing pics. I still have ALL of my 45's and albums. Just need a turntable. When the kids were little we always played the Chubby Checker album for them. It has a ton of great songs on it, but truly their favorite was the limbo one.
I am off to see my great aunt. Just popped in quick this morning.

Mildred said...

Looks like so much fun! Have a nice week.

Linda said...

How wonderful! Family times are the best! We do this very thing too! I'm so grateful we got to know our cousins better and can be there for support during this difficult time when my cousin's granddaughter is dying.....She is still celebrating every day and hour and minute of life while she can!

Mrs.T said...

What a fun time, Arlene! I really ought to see if any of my cousins would be interested in getting together like this on a regular basis.

Arlene Grimm said...

Y'all we had a blast. I think one good thing was that the younger members of the family heard some stories about their ancestors. I wish I had been more interested in the stories my grandparents told me.

Terri D said...

It is so awesome that you all are close enough to get together like that! My cousins are spread all over, from California to Colorado, to Alabama, to Ohio and south to Kentucky, Tennessee, and Florida. You are blessed!! Love the photos!

Mari said...

What a fun gathering!
I got my hubby a DNA test for Christmas this year. We have to wait 6-8 weeks for the results. We're afraid it may come back with Dutch, Dutch and more Dutch! :)