Followers

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

On My Coffee Table

Before I get out my Valentine decorations, I thought I would share my Coffee Table. Along with the snowmen I like to add some silver and gold to my January home.




Silver and Gold reminds me of a January day...cold on the outside but it is warm on the inside. I put two tea lights in the candle holders as they are so large.


I succumbed to this magazine at the grocery check out the other day.  Sadly, I did not see one project that I might do.  When am I going to learn? I have tried to cut back on my magazine subscriptions this year. Now I need to look the other way at the the grocery check out. The problem is when I shop at Walmart I have far too much time to read the periodicals.

I am using this aa a bullet Journal. Have you heard of them? Lots of the younger bloggers are loving this concept. To me, it is basically a journal that helps you keep up with your to do list. ( Items on the list are called bullet points.)  My sisters got this for me when they were shopping the other day. This big notebooks were just $5.  And I am Simply Southern so it works for me.

With my cold last week, I was warding it off as best I could with my essential oils. Fortunately my cold was not as severe as Marvin's so I am claiming a win for YLEO. I received this little tub of Vaseline with Shea Oil as a sample and it was so nice on my dry lips during the last cold snap.

And I am recuperating from the loss of the National Championship. I am still saying Roll Tide....it was a good game and congratulations to Clemson for pulling it out at the last minute.  I always buy son, Ben, a national championship shirt when BAMA wins so I am saving $30 this month. I have to look at the positives.:)

7 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We went to bed and missed the 4th quarter....which turned out to be the best part of the game. Hope they show it again! Love pretty decor for winter! Hugs!

Katie Clooney said...

So sorry your team's loss! I am a sucker for magazines too. Have a great week!

Terri D said...

Joe stayed up for the game. I went to bed at half-time. Wish I had stayed up now...sounds like it was an exciting last half. I like your gold and silver decorations for January!!

Sandy said...

I have been gone most of the day, so just now checking in on my blogs. I didn't watch the game as I was working in my sewing room the first half and then fell asleep in my check for the second half. Jeff had fallen asleep in the chair as well. I woke up with 1:24 to go in the game. I couldn't believe it. Glad you can save some money this year:) I know all the family was disappointed.
I have almost given up on magazines. Is that I am just getting old and there is nothing new. I have really tried to not even look at them. They are pricey these days. I have always loved magazines, but lately nothing strikes me. I really must be getting old!
Your notebook is so cute and I love your candles.

Mari said...

I love your silver and gold analogy!
I never heard of the bullet journal but I like the idea.
Sorry your team lost... :(

Linda said...

I am going to be biting my nails on Sunday as the Cowboys play!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Laides, I think I have recovered from my football doldrums. Clemson is a great team and I had had a bad feeling about them ever since they shut out Ohio State in the playoffs. I am going to learn to just look at pages on the computer instead of wasting money on magazines. I will keep getting Southern Living and Southern Lady but that is my limit. Linda, I love the DCC Cheerleaders and I am addicted to the show, DCC Making the Team. It is one of my guilty pleasures.