Followers

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Our Happy Place

We are home from our Happy Place. Each time it seems harder to leave.

My view from my stitching spot on the sofa.

Sunshine and warm temps made for some good porch sitting.

Sunset...

Into the woods...

This morning as we were leaving a flock of geese came to swim about and tell us good by. They are hard to see as Marvin used my cell phone and I had to crop it to get the birdies in the picture.  They looked much bigger in person. The next time I will get out my Nikon camera.

Back to reality after a quiet few days. We did get to go to a family pot luck where we danced and played games. I will share those pictures on Monday! Have a blessed Sunday tomorrow Friends.

8 comments:

Karen said...

That is a lovely place. Reminds me of Lake Lanier in North Georgia.

Sandy said...

I see those geese. Looks lovely and the temps have been spring like. We are getting an extra dose of spring. I like it. Beautiful place and a great change of pace. I always come back from our cabin refreshed. I hope that happens for you.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You have such great views from every window! Glad you had a good time! Hugs!

Mari said...

I'm glad you enjoy your time there. It looks tranquil! Soon you will be there to stay. :)

Linda said...

I am so happy for you both! I love your 'Happy Place!'

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks y'all...of course I only show the pretty views and not the pile of trees and brush that was removed in order to build the house. We will deal with that eventually. marvin spend most of one day working outside, We hope to have the area around the pond cleaned out and trimmed back soon.

Terri D said...

I can't wait to see shots from those same windows for each season! So peaceful and lovely, Arlene! I'm so happy for you and Marvin and all who will be enjoying your home away from home!

Katie Clooney said...

I don't blame you, Arlene. I would NEVER leave that gorgeous happy place. Have a great week.