Jump in the stream with me...avoid the ice bergs. It is pretty cold here!!
1. We got NO snow but very cold temps that kept us inside this weekend. Hubby graciously shared his cold with me so I did not even make it out to church. I have to give a thumbs up to Mucinex Nighttime cold medicine. I got a great nights sleep and woke up feeling much better. As an old nurse I am a big believer in rest to let the body work on healing itself.
2. I just saw a post on Facebook about Meryl Streep's six minute rant against Donald Trump at the Golden Globes awards. I want to shout, it is over with, let's move on. Why do all these actors and actresses think we even care what they think?( Did that make sense? Well this is a stream of consciousness!). I love Meryl Streep as an actress but I doubt she and I would be best friends. Keep to the acting and share your opinions with your friends, not me.
3. I made two loaves of banana bread on Friday afternoon, I kept one and shared on with my sweet octogenarian neighbors, Jean and John. I think if we would all share more we would be better off. When I arrived on their door step with a loaf of warm banana bread, and I see how excited they are to get a treat, it warms my heart. I don't want to sound boastful but the Bible Verse that stats it is more blessed to give than to receive is very true. Giving is a blessing.
4. We plan to go to Grimmwood this weekend. My sweet cousin, Holly, is instituting monthly family pot lucks. She wants the extended Henderson family to get together more. So on Friday we will have a Soup night at Holly's house. Holly was my flower girl when I married Marvin 40 years ago. We got married on her 4th birthday so I always know how old Holly is. She is a sweetie. Her nick name in the family was Hollypop. When Marvin and I knelt at the altar to pray at our wedding, Holly knelt down with us. It was so precious. When you are at an altar, it is best to kneel....even at four, Holly knew that.
5. I hope to get back to my painting classes this month. Amelia and I have picked out what we want to paint on January 23rd. Both will have Valentine motifs. Painting with my daughter has been a lot of fun and we both enjoy learning more about techniques. We have both upped our game in this area. Will we ever be professional painters...NO but that is ok.
6.My friend, Susan, is organizing a book club for our neighborhood and I can hardly wait. I have not been in a book club since we lived in Louisville. At that time I was in my 20s and the group was full of Professor's wives from University of Louisville. ( Ok I was a professor's wife as well but did not feel as erudite as the others!) I remember that I chose the book, The Water is Wide by Pat Conroy as my month's novel. We each took a month and I read some books I would have never read otherwise.
In the Belly of the Beast, Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle, Dune...etc.
Well time to return to the real world and get busy making up for all the couch sitting I did over the weekend. Have a good day Friends.