Followers

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

A Night on the Town

No not a night on the town for the hubs and me but for Ben and Katy.

While we were in Chatsworth, Katy's mom came to babysit so the young Grimms could attend a charity event held at The Club in Birmingham. Ben's company gave him tickets to attend a benefit for the Glenwood School.  Glenwood is a school for special needs children.  This picture is a framer for sure.  If you have read any of the late  Anne George books about Birmingham( Murder on a Girl's Night Out, Murder on a Bad Hair Day etc), you will have heard of The Club.   I have no illusions to getting to attend an event there but so glad my children had the opportunity.

It is still hard for me to believe that Ben is out networking. This boy was one of the shyest children ever.Although he was shy, he was strong willed and I just about wore out a copy of James Dobson's book, The Strong Willed Child!!  I use Ben as an example at my MOPs group, that you will survive a strong willed child and that character trait stands them in good stead if channeled properly.  I am so proud of Ben and the man he has become.

Speaking of Strong Willed Children, I better see if I can find a copy of that book for this week. Ben's youngest son, Elliott, is coming to spend the week with us. Daddy is out of town on a business trip so Katy asked if I could take Elliott to make it a bit easier on her this week. As she put it in her text to me yesterday, Gird your Loins. My parents always used the phrase, " You are paying for your raising."  Well Ben is paying for his as he got a child that is very similar to him as a child.  Don't get me wrong, Elliott can be the sweetest of children as long as things are going his way! And it is easier to let them go his way, believe me. I did learn a lesson about picking my battles with his daddy so I will try to remember that this week as well.  Prayers appreciated!!


4 comments:

Mildred said...

Wonderful photo of Ben and Katy. So happy they had the opportunity to attend. Praying for your time with Elliott. God bless. xo

Gina said...

A lovely photograph! My 3rd daughter was the strong willed child in our family. And a firey redhead to boot! ♥

Mari said...

What a beautiful picture!
I laughed reading this post, because I used that book and the same advice with my strong willed Laura. She too, now uses that trait in a good way, and she is now dealing with Ruby who is testing her patience. She's called and told me she's sorry for what she put e through a few times now. :)

Barbara said...

Hahaha. I wore out a copy of the Strong Willed Child with my son, the youngest. I suggested it to him for his oldest daughter. He is not a reader and declined. Go ahead, I thought.