Followers

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Biscoff Love

Last year I was having coffee at Deborah's house and she served some little cookies that I just fell in love with...as have to have a package in the house at all times.

Oh my goodness these are so tasty with coffee or as a pick me up in the afternoon.  I can only find them at Publix so I have to shop there at least once a month and stock up.

One of my floss tube friends, Stitcherisata, has been doing taste tests on her channel. One of her European friends sent her Vegemite and she tried it on camera. Well that did not go so well. Apparently Vegemite is an acquired taste. This week another European friend sent her some Biscoff cookies to try. Well she loved them and guess what else she tried on camera?

I had never heard of the cookie butter but as the Stitcherista gave it a big thumbs up, I had to try it. And guess what ? There it was on the shelf at Walmart!!  I can never find the cookies there but  cookie butter will do.

Let me just say this stuff is yummy and I will have to discipline myself not to eat it directly from the jar. It is similar to peanut butter in texture and has a great taste. On the company website, it states that this is a good alternative for anyone who has nut allergies.  The school my grands attend do not allow any form of peanut anything on the campus.  Biscoff even has a cookbook available for $16 that will help you find all kinds of decadent ways to use this yummy spread.

So if winter has you down and you need something to perk up your spirits, go to the store and load up with Biscoff products!

10 comments:

Mildred said...

Good Afternoon, I have always wondered if these cookies are good. I will definitely give them a try. I'll look for the butter too. How very interesting!
Wishing you a nice afternoon.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They have pretty packaging! Enjoy your day sweet friend!

Terri D said...

How interesting! I will have to look for these in our Publix! Thanks for the review!

Gina said...

Arlene, I've never heard or seen this brand. I will have to look for it now! I'm curious about the cookie butter. Does it have crumbs in it like a cookie & cream ice cream?

Arlene Grimm said...

Gina I chose the creamy butter but there is a crunchy style which actually has bits of cookie in it.

Mrs.T said...

I don't know if is still the case, but Biscoff cookies (in little packages of two, I think) used to be served as a snack on Delta flights. The last time we traveled west (in 2014) they were still being served and you're right. They are good. I've seen the cookie butter (in fact, our local supermarket has a store brand!) but so far have restrained myself from buying a jar!

Arlene Grimm said...

Mrs T, my son who travels a lot was familiar with them as well. He said they got those cookies on the international trips he took years ago. When i have flown all I got was a bag of pretzels.lol I like them because they are not too sweet and are so good with coffee.

Heather said...

They both sound yummy. I might have to do some searching and see if I can find them!

Susan Graben said...

Is the butter as good as Neutella?

Arlene Grimm said...

Susan I am not a nutella fan but this stuff is great.