Followers

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Christmas Ornament number two

This year I have committed to stitching a Christmas ornament a month to use at Grimmwood come Christmas 2017.  Yesterday I finished number two.

 I found this cute gingham ribbon at Hobby Lobby.

 The back is a piece of cardboard wrapped with scrap book paper.  The song on the paper is the 12 Days of Christmas.

A pretty good start ...now I am hoping I can keep it up.  I have my pattern for my March ornament. It is a primitive pattern. I want to keep things rather rustic at our country house.

Off for lunch with the besties today. We are trying our a new restaurant in Hartselle. Then we might just hit up some of the antique stores that line the streets of this small NoAla town. Also, I finished The Orphan's Tale and it was so good!! I will be looking for other books by Pam Jenoff.

8 comments:

Sandy said...

I love it. I know you can do it. I have one for you too. I will send it out soon.

Arlene Grimm said...

So glad you like it Sandy...i know you love houses like I do!! And I was very happy with how it turned out. I will be looking forward to my surprise.

Mrs.T said...

Very cute ornaments, Arlene! It will be such fun to use them at Grimmwood at Christmas time!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love red cardinals. I just took my coffee cup with cardinals and put it in the cabinet and now I'll use one with a goldfinch for awhile! lol Love your pretty stitching! Hugs!

Gina said...

So cute, Arlene! Are you planning for each month's ornaments to have a cottage or house on them? Darling!

Arlene Grimm said...

Gina it just worked out that way for jan and feb. I have an old fashioned girl for next month, a lamb for April and a Santa claus for May. I will have to decide on the others later. And thank you for the beautiful Valentine. It is so pretty and the light catches on the sparkles each time I look at it.

Mari said...

I love that one! It has such a charming old fashioned feel to it.

Carol said...

Both of your 2017 ornaments are adorable, Arlene! I love the ides of using the scrapbook paper as a backing, too :)

Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day!