Followers

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day!! I was so happy to receive some pretty cards this week.


This one is from my husband...

Isn't it pretty and it contained a very nice sentiment as well.

This pretty post card Valentine is being used as my bookmark.  I am reading a Miss Silver mystery by Patricia Wentworth. I recently found this old series at the library.  They are definitely cozy mysteries and I love to read them at the end of the day. Miss Silver is a former governess who turned private detective.

Off to do some errands today. Thank you all for the prayers for my mother. She is back home with orders to take her antibiotic and to DRINK DRINK DRINK! Water that is!!

7 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Valentines day! Love your sweet cards! Enjoy your day!

Sandy said...

Happy Valentine's Day. It is a fun holiday. Glad your mom is feeling a bit better.

Mrs.T said...

Oh, I think I have read some Miss Silver mysteries in the distant past. Sounds so familiar!

This is a totally different genre really ... mysteries but more suspenseful, not really cozy, but the heroine is an older lady -- have you ever read the Mrs. Pollifax books by Dorothy Gilman? I used to get them out of the library all the time years ago.

I intended to send valentines to my blog friends and do apologize for not doing so!

Am glad to hear that your mother is home. I have heard both of my parents given those orders in the past. For whatever reason, older people seem reluctant to drink their water, so I hope that she will obey orders!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Christine said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Love all those pretty cards but particularly the postcard you have for a bookmark.
Best wishes!

Heather said...

I love getting mail, and getting a card from a friend (or family member) is wonderful!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for the comments Ladies. Mrs T, I have heard of that series...will have to check out a book and try it for myself. And like you, I meant to send some Valentines to all my boogie friends and totally missed the boat.

Gina said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Arlene! Sweet dreams ♥