Followers

Monday, February 27, 2017

Elliott's Craft Day at Nanaland

Our little house guest is back in Birmingham. While he was here we did this craft project. Of course, Nana added his name but he did the painting in the background.

I saw this idea on Facebook last week and knew it was the perfect craft for a three year old. You can use a canvas, a piece of tagboard or in this case, I had a piece of wood in my craft stash.

Allow the child to choose three colors of acrylic paint. Elliott chose Green, Purple and Blue.  The adult places blobs of these three colors over the surface to be painted. Then you tear off a piece of Saran Wrap and lay it over the area.  The child then can smash and blur the paints as he wishes.  After the child has done all the mixing...take off the saran wrap and let it dry.  I have to say, I really liked the effect we got and when you lift off the wrap, you get a pretty swirled effect.

I know Elliott was glad to get back home to his family. While we were there, Katy told us that Baylor is really making progress in using his words. His teachers and therapists are very pleased with this burst of  speech.  Katy said one of his therapists was moved to tears when Katy related to her how Baylor had used several words to ask his mom for something. Small steps but we will take them.

We have a busy week ahead here in Nanaland. Missions Conference is coming up this weekend at our church and that is always something to look forward to! Cleaning is on my to do list this week. Spring Cleaning that is...I have a list and I hope to get some major cleaning and decluttering done.

6 comments:

Mildred said...

That is a cute painting that Elliott did! Karen would enjoy this craft with her grands.
So thankful to hear of the improvements in Baylor. Praise the Lord for answered prayers. We continue to lift him up in prayer.

Don't work too hard today!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Very cute and that's good news too! Enjoy your week...don't work too hard! Hugs!

Mrs.T said...

Arlene, I love this painting project! I will take that idea, along with a few canvases, with me when we go to Nevada next! I can see that all of the grands out there except for the one-year-old would want to make one of these. An older child could even stencil on a verse or saying on the front of the painting. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing it!

And what a blessing to hear of answered prayer for Baylor. We will continue to pray for him as well as for Ben and Katy, Margaret and Elliott. And Ruby!

Sandy said...

Cute project. I am so excited to hear about Baylor's progress!!!! I will be back to blogging very soon. Just had to take a break:)

Arlene Grimm said...

So grateful to all of you for prayers for Baylor!!

Gina said...

Arlene, what a great craft idea! Elliot's project is gorgeous!