Followers

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Sapphires

I have always admired this wonderful lady and I was remiss in not sharing her Sapphire Anniversary yesterday. February 6th marked 65 years as monarch for Queen Elizabeth.  As a young woman she stepped into history on the death of her father.  She has served so faithfully all these years.  I hope her country will pull out all the stops for her as they celebrate this milestone.

And as I was walking yesterday, I had to take a picture of this...

Four houses in a row were flying their flags.  It was a bright spot on a dreary NoAla day.  And while I love Queen Elizabeth, I am thankful for my country.  As the Star Spangled Banner says,  O'er the Land of the Free and the home of the Brave!

Have a good day friends!!

7 comments:

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

It was interesting to me on my recent trip that people in other countries fly their flags, but nearly as much and as passionately as Americans. God bless the USA!

And I love that Queen! Did you watch the Netflix show about her, "The Crown?"

Katie Clooney said...

Yes, and we need to be especially brave these days, dear Diana!! Have a great week!

Katie Clooney said...

OOOOps... I think I called you Diana in my last comment. My apologies, Arlene.

Linda said...

I love to see flags waving. We have one and I need to get Louis Dean to fix the flad stand so we can put it up!
I admire Queen Elizabeth! She is in a class all her own!

Gina said...

Arlene, what a lovely picture of the queen! Love all the flags too. Do you see Confederate flags? I see quite a few when I drive anywhere. xo

Arlene Grimm said...

Linda, we do not have NetFlicks so I have not seen the Queen but I have heard it is wonderful and when it is available on DVD I will be purchasing it. Gina, believe it or not I do not see many Confederate flags here in Alabama. Of course our part of the state is home to a diverse crowd.

Mari said...

I have been a long time fan of the Queen too. 65 years is a long time to reign!
I love seeing flags too.