Followers

Friday, February 3, 2017

The Grimmlins

Another benefit to retirement is getting to sleep in on a Friday. Sorry for the late post today!

My big kids posted some cute pictures online this week so I thought I would share the Grimmlins this morning as I do not have a thought in my head to share with you today. Remember this is NANA land.

Amelia posted this photo of Kendall. She is into Star Wars big time. Note the shirt and her Galaxy  shoes.  She will be 11 in April....so hard to believe.

Landon shared some Star Bursts with Mom...note he is wearing his Cam Newton shirt.

It was family movie night in Hoover. My sister, Leta, gave the Ben Grimm family a Movie Night basket for Christmas as she knew they have movie night once a week.  I see one of Margaret's Baby Alive Dolls is watching the movie as well.

Katy had to go to the hospital for some routine blood work and Elliott sat down on the walk over to watch the heavy machinery doing some construction work. Katy says she may bring him here along with a chair for herself and a good book to get some quiet time.:)

Daughter in law, Nancy, was in Las Vegas this week on a business trip. LG had a show at one of the convention centers there.  While Mommy was away, Audrey and Daddy had some quality time.

At one of their favorite Asian restaurants, Audrey got a red envelope for Chinese New Year. Children are given red envelopes with a bit of money in them for the New Year. Charles said the owner of this restaurant always gives Audrey two fortune cookies and this week she got a special treat.  It pays to be customers who are well known!

I have chores to do today....laundry and ironing first up...grocery store and then I hope to spend some time this weekend working on my Smoky Mountain Christmas cross stitch project.  Unfortunately retirement does NOT get you out of doing laundry!!

9 comments:

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Hey! Movie night looks like so much fun. Popcorn makes everything good. I love the overlook with heavy equipment. It's so cute how little boys just know to be amazed by these things. I gave my son a construction themed birthday party one year. He loved it!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Arlene, I love your photos of the grand kids. You sound like you are going to be busy. Fridays are always a busy day for me. I hope you have a nice weekend. Julie xo

Sandy said...

Kendall is growing up and cuter each day. I love Landon's Cam Newton jersey!!! I am little surprised that an Alabama person would let their child wear it:)
It is so fun to watch a little boy be mesmerized by big equipment.
Always love seeing grands.

Arlene Grimm said...

Leslie Anne, aren't little boys the sweetest things? Growing up in an all girl family I had to learn about boys when I had my two. Julie, love your instagram picture of your art work. I hope we get to see more. Sandy, Landon's daddy is for Auburn so Landon lives in a family divided.:) Marvin says Landon can wear a Carolina Panthers shirt. Yes, that Elliott is a cutie pie. Hope to have him come and stay with us for a day or two soon.

Karen said...

You have a lovely family!

Mari said...

What a bunch of good looking kids!

Terri D said...

Those are some amazing kiddos!! Love the photos and I hear you on the laundry issue. Sigh.

Mildred said...

Hi Arlene, I adore the updated photos of the little ones. In response to my blog post this morn, I can't tell you how many times I see "pears" when I am out and about in various decor stores and I think of you! I also know you love crosses, essential oils and makeup in addition to your purses! You have many interests!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for the love for my grands...you know the way to my heart!! And Mildred, you have me pegged from beginning to end. I do love all those things!!