Followers

Friday, March 24, 2017

At Deborah's House

We enjoyed some time in Deborah's lovely country home after a day out in Cullman. We ate lunch at All Steak which is a local legend here in North Alabama. Next to Big Bob Gibson's BBQ, All Steak is probably the most popular restaurant in our area.

Here is a peak of the foyer where you wait to be seated. I was using my technical skills to teach Deb and Sus how to take a picture with your phone without having to stop to put in pass code etc. Daughter Amelia taught me that trick this week. Now I can snap quick pics of the grands without having to open my phone, find the camera app etc.

We had a lovely lunch, did some shopping at Finders Keepers, an antique shop. I did find an extra chair for the table at the little house. With my nursing school friends coming next weekend, I needed an extra chair as the benches only hold two people on each bench, comfortably that is.

I had not visited at Deborah's house in a while so I enjoyed seeing some of her new things.

I loved her lovely wreath at the front door. So springy!!

Her husband, Don, made this pretty for her.

A nice soft light when it is too hot for the gas logs.

And finally, this beautiful cross.

Deborah's  sister in law made this for her as a Christmas gift.  It is simply fabric folded and attached to a canvas with a rosette in the middle. Susan and I have decided to try to replicate it.  You know I need one for my cross wall.

At the end of the day, I was ready to face the real world again.  Today I am off to MOPs, then lots of errands to run!!  Tomorrow we will be celerating Baylor's 6th birthday which is today. The Hoover Grimms are coming to Decatur for the day!

9 comments:

Linda said...

Can you share the phone tip with s? I don't know how to do that and miss lots of perfect shots while I fumbled with my phone!
My niece made a fabric cross and she used a piece of wood instead of a canvas.
So you will be entertains at your cottage soon? How fun is that?

Arlene Grimm said...

Linda, I will do a tutorial on that tomorrow morning. I thought I might be the only person who did not know how to do it.lol

Gina said...

Arlene, what a gorgeous restaurant entryway. I bet their food is good! Love the name Finders Keepers! Glad you found your chair. That cross is beautiful!

Cranberry Morning said...

It sounds like you have a nice weekend ahead of you with a birthday and all. Have a lovely time. And what a pretty wreath that is! I really need to take the Christmas tree off our front porch. :-)

Dianna said...

The cross is absolutely beautiful...and all from a few folds in some fabric. I'd love to see yours when you are able to make it, Arlene.

Terri D said...

I love the fabric cross! What a great craft idea! Thanks for sharing and I'll look forward to your tutorial tomorrow!

Mari said...

Pretty places and I love that cross. Be sure to show us the one you make.
Have fun with the Hoover Grimms and Happy Birthday to Baylor!

Mildred said...

I wish Baylor a very happy birthday! I love the cross made from fabric and look forward to you sharing yours that you make.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments friends. I am always looking for new crafts. I guess I should concentrate on finishing the ones I have started.lol