Followers

Friday, March 3, 2017

Friday Four

Thank y'all for the sweet comments on my trivet repurposing. Our parents generation were much more into recycling and repurposing.  Use it Up, Wear it Out and Do Without was their motto.  I am going to try to embrace that adage more especially now that we are in the retirement years.

I have four pictures to share this morning...

1. Sunflower Crunch Chopped Salad is a new product I found at the grocery store and Marvin and I just love it. The dressing is delicious and sadly, Dole does not sell this dressing except in the salad pack.

It will make two meals for us.  I usually add some tomatoes and mushrooms to the mix.  I love to find new things for dinner as after 40 years, I have just about worn out my cookbook. My friend, Mari,My Little Corner of the World  posts recipes on Thursdays and I have used several of her ideas for dinner. You can find her on my blog roll as well.

2. One of my childhood friends, posted this picture on her FB Page. It is just so beautiful and serene.

It is from the FB page Country Love, Faith and Family Fun.   My friend, Kathy, is such an encourager. I look forward to seeing her posts every morning.

3. I finished this Easter cross stitch. Now to get it to the framer.  Pardon the crooked picture taken with my phone.

The snow man and the Eiffel tower are needle minders. My friend Tonya May sells them in her Easy Store, Tonya's Sewing Room.   I took out my Smoky Mountain Christmas for the first time in two weeks so now I need to get some stitches put in it if I want it to be done by Christmas.

4 I saved the best picture for last....

Nancy said Audrey picked up the phone and said, Hello?  I say she was calling Nana!! She will be with us for a week soon. I cannot wait.

I have to say that I loved all your comments about how you tried the Scrub Daddy and loved the product. It is one of my favorite cleaning products and that cheery little smile was a great idea. Who says cleaning has to be depressing?:)

I am continuing my clean up today....grocery store run and the first evening of Missions Conference so I will be a busy girl.  Have a blessed day Friends.

15 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

She is a cutie! I know you will enjoy having her visit! Enjoy your day! Hugs!

Katie Clooney said...

What a little cutie pie that Audrey is!! Great pic from FB. Have a wonderful weekend, Arlene!!

Sandy said...

Audrey is adorable. She makes you just want some "sugar"...huh?!
Those tulips are great too. I can't wait for mine to bloom. They have broken ground.
I love your egg. I was NOT going to order anything else until I finished my works in progress until I saw Vonna's Instagram of that dang bunny last night. I promptly got on 123Stitch and ordered. Yikes!!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy I will not tell you that I got an order from them this week. Evergreen by Prairie Schooler, Halloween pin keep by Stacy Nash and a 4th of july piece. NO MORE...of course I am going to Market Night at the Cross Stitch Peddler and I am sure I will not be able to keep my resolution of decreased purchases. And yes, I saw Vonna's evil post. I may have to get off Instagram.lol

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

How did you find that picture of my backyard with the tulips? Hahahaha! If only! Love your cutie-pie on the phone. I have a photo of me around that same age, posed with my hand on the phone. My mom told me the photographer said, "pretend like you're calling grandmother!"

Happy weekend!

Arlene Grimm said...

Leslie Anne, I will be stopping by to visit your garden when I am in Gulf Shores. Isn't that a beautiful picture? I love gardens but my thumb is not green at all. I love the story of you calling grandmother!! I think we all adored our nanas.

Arlene Grimm said...

Diane I plan to get all the SUGA I can from this sweet baby when she is here. Katie, I am inspired by beautiful scenery. Wish I could reproduce it.

Mildred said...

Good Morning, Audrey is cute as can be and I bet she is dialing you up! lol
I read where Scrub Daddy is Shark Tank's biggest success story!
That is a gorgeous photo you shared from your friend. On our way to the accountant last week, we were very near Gibbs Gardens. We are not able to visit there, but I love looking at their website and fb pages. Truly a gorgeous place! Have you been?
God bless your weekend.
Mildred

Mildred said...

p.s. forgot to say how I love your Easter cross stitch. Such tiny, delicate stitches. I look forward to you sharing after it is framed. You are an exceptional stitcher!

Mary Hutchins said...

Audrey is precious, grandchildren are such blessings! Love your cross stitch, I've done a few Easter stitches, you've inspired me to get them out for display during this wonderful time of year. Enjoyed visiting with you today!

Arlene Grimm said...

Mildred, thanks so much. I will have the big head!! I have not been to Gibbs Gardens...will have to add that to my list of places to visit. Mary, thank you for dropping by Nanaland and leaving a comment. It always makes my heart happy to meet a new blog friend.

Mrs.T said...

I know just what you mean about being inspired by beautiful scenery and wishing you could capture it. I feel the very same way at times. When I see something beautiful I just wish that I could paint it. I'm not a good enough photographer to capture it that way. I guess that's probably why we love counted cross stitch so much ... a way to capture a beautiful scene or season.

Audrey ... simply adorable. My granddaughter Arielle who is a few months older than Audrey actually will talk to me briefly on the phone. That is fun as long as I get what she is trying to say!

We have tried several of the chopped salad kits and they are really good! Have you tried the one with apples and cheddar?

Gina said...

Maybe Audrey was ordering pizza? What a smile!

I've not seen that salad mix before. I will have to be on the lookout for it. We try to have salad 3 or 4 times a week and usually as a meal. We add leftover chicken or hard boiled eggs.

Beautiful tulips!

Your Easter cross-stitch is lovely!

Sweet dreams!

Mari said...

I'm going to have to look for that salad mix. Sounds good!
Thanks for the shout out. I'm glad you like the recipes. :)
That photo by your friend Kathy is so gorgeous!
I like your cross stitch. You are always stitching something pretty!
Audrey? She is just adorable! She makes me smile everytime you post a picture.

Barbara said...

That Audrey is too cute. Just want to pinch her checks.