Followers

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Margaret Moments

Margaret has spring break this week so I asked if she could stay a few days with us.  She arrived on Saturday and we will take her home today.

She sat in Big Church Sunday and colored in a Scripture Coloring pad.  We got so many comments on how cute she was! We agree.

Margaret got to pick our Sunday lunch spot. She got a Barbie purse in her Happy Meal. I had not had a Big Mac in a long time so I had that. They are still tasty and messy!!

Here we are at the ten am viewing of Beauty and the Beast. With it being Spring Break, movies were playing all day. Let me add just a comment about this Disney movie. There has been much controversy about this movie. Before I even told Margaret we were going, I got her mother's permission. We had seen Beauty and the Beast in play form last summer in Montgomery so Margaret was very familiar with the story line.  Nana was observant as we viewed the movie and I do not think there is anything in the movie that a child would pick up on but the adults will see about three scenes that could cause some questions. Nothing is overt.  Frankly, Margaret was more frightened by the wolves chasing people and the scene where the wolves attack the Beast is alarming.  So be aware if you take a small child, it might cause some fear in their little hearts. Margaret is 7 1/2 so I just reminded her that we know how the story ends and everything turns out well.   Some points of the movie were different than the story I remember but I take that as dramatic license. Emma Watson was superb as Belle and Dan Stevens has been a favorite of mine since Downton Abbey. They both did their own singing however it was enhanced a bit. Dan Stevens wore 10" stilts to make him 6'9" in the movie. He was a very hulking Beast.

We took a moment to look at the Easter decorations at the mall. The Easter Bunny is only there on the weekend so we missed him but enjoyed his minions.lol

We will take our girl home today. I will have a day to get ready for my trip to Grimmwood to entertain my nursing school friends over the weekend.  March has been a very busy month. Hoping that April will allow me to get back into a routine.

9 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend! I have not yet seen the new Beauty and the Beast, but have heard similar things from friends who have. I love Dan Stevens, but was not aware that he was playing the beast. I am sure he is excellent!

Linda said...

I'm going to see Beauty and the Beast on Saturday with a whole group of mothers/daughters!
Your Margaret is adoreable!! I know y'all had fun!!

Katie Clooney said...

Margaret is darling. She reminds me of my Margaret (#2) only we call her Maggie. She wore glasses at that age too! Have a wonderful time, Arlene.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Y'all!! Katie, Margaret is a family name and I have a niece named Maggie Grimm. Margaret's nick name is Marg...but she is definitely a Margaret. It fits her.:)

Sandy said...

She is so adorable and I am sure she loved having the grandparents ok to herself.

Dianna said...

You have the most adorable grandchildren, Arlene! Margaret is a beautiful little girl.

Gina said...

Arlene, Margaret is so adorable. I love her bright smile! Wow one on one Nana and Grandpa time! Sweet! I've heard good things about the B & B movie. The theater is pretty far away so I'll wait until it comes out to rent. xo

Terri D said...

Margaret is so cute (and growing up SO fast!). I just know she had as good a time as you did! Making memories and sharing love is what life is all about!!

Mari said...

She is so cute and I know you loved the one on one time with her.
I have heard the same report on that movie from several friends.