Followers

Monday, March 13, 2017

Pina Colada Fluff

I tried a new recipe on my high school friends. We had this with Biscoff Cookies after a nice lunch of BBQ.

1 3.4 oz instant Vanilla Pudding
1 20 0z crushed pineapple, do not drain
1 8 oz Cool Whip
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp Rum extract

Mix together and refrigerate  several hours before serving. I did add a little more DRAINED crushed pineapple to mine.  While I liked it, it was not my favorite fluff salad. However, Marvin really liked it and that made me happy.  This is a good light finish to a heavy meal. Served with cookies  it is a good dessert. Enjoy.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

It is always nice to make something that the family likes. This sounds like something my hubs would like as well.

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy...I might add a little cottage cheese to it as well...it was just TOO sweet for me. I am not a big coconut fan either so I think that was the reason it was not a hit with me.

Mildred said...

It sounds good, but like you, I am not a big fan of coconut.

Terri D said...

I think leaving out the coconut and adding cottage cheese sounds perfect!! I'm not a big coconut fan.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I love pineapple, but not so big on coconut flakes. I think my Mom would love this though, because it's all her favorite things.

Gina said...

I don't know if I've ever eaten fluff before. You explained it very well and I think I'd like it. xo