Followers

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Re Purposing!

I have been cleaning out drawers and closets  this week. I still have a long way to go but it is coming along.  I have a blog friend who has a cute tray where she places her hand soap etc for the kitchen. I had been thinking of doing the same thing. You know blogs are great for "stealing" others ideas! Thankfully our community is generous.  Well, while I was cleaning out a drawer I found this pretty trivet that I had received as a gift. I  loved it but always forgot to get it out when serving hot dishes.  So I decided it would make a pretty "tray" for the little things by my kitchen sink. My Scrub Daddy looks so happy to be perched there!!   I am finding new ways to use old things.

We had thunderstorms but no tornados. However, my hometown of Chatsworth had a tornado that did some damage in town. Thankfully our little house is out in the country but I will be calling to check on it today.  I am thinking Marvin will probably have more limbs to pick up and burn on our next visit.

Off to Crracker Barrel for our March breakfast....since I am off bread it will be bacon and eggs only for this girl. But it is good for me physically and spiritually!! Have a good day friends.

9 comments:

Sandy said...

I love my Scrub Daddies. Not even kidding. They are amazing. I have ordered more. I like your little trivet. Glad no storms came your way. This time of year can be very scary.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Using a tray to keep things together is a nice idea. Enjoy your day sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

Mildred said...

I like the way you used the trivet. Ever since you shared about Scrub Daddy, I have been using one - love them!
Have a nice time today at Cracker Barrel. I hope Marvin will not have too many limbs to pick up at Grimmwood. It is cold here this a.m.

Carol said...

You and I must be on the same timeline, Arlene, as I have also been busy cleaning out closets. It's such a great feeling to move things on or repurpose them, isn't it? Love the little trivet idea--yours looks great :)

Gina said...

Hello Scrub Daddy! My daughter bought me a bunch of them and they always make me smile. :-). Great repurposing idea!

Cranberry Morning said...

What a cute soap tray! I like that idea. March brings storms, doesn't it. It's such a transition month. I hope it settles down and brings spring. Have a wonderful weekend, Arlene.

Mari said...

That looks so pretty! I need some way to have my scrubbies handy and cute at the same time. You did it well!

doodles n daydreams said...

You could come and clean out my drawers when you're finished if you like :) I'm pleased you missed the worst of the storms, and hope your house is okay. I hope you enjoyed your breakfast.

Diana

Betsy Brock said...

That looks great! I love repurposing things like that!
Have fun cleaning out....it's an all year process for me, it seems! haha. But it's something I actually enjoy, so that's good!