Followers

Saturday, March 4, 2017

The Fans

Both of my older grands are into Star Wars and Pokemon.  Amelia posted this picture of Kendall this week.

Reading on the way to school. Apparently this is a Star Wars Encyclopedia.  Kendall is interested in space and the stars.  Her grandpa was very interested in these two topics as well when he was a young man. He was inspired by the Space Race.  Marvin enrolled at Ga Tech as an aerospace engineer but switched over the physics, finding it more to his liking. None of our children were interested in the sciences so maybe Kendall will follow in Grandpa's footsteps.

Here is the Pokemon fan...

Landon asked for this pokemon stuffed toy for Christmas and we got it for him. I cannot remember his name but I have been told numerous times.  They make a cute pair don't they?

We have another busy Saturday lined up. I need to make a fruit salad for a cottage meeting this morning. We are going to a church friend's home to hear from a missionary couple.  Then I need to visit my sweet neighbor, Jean, who is in rehab after a bout of congestive heart failure.  We love our neighbors and this has not been a good year for them health wise. Of course when you reach your 90s, you have met a milestone many do not live to see.  She loves chocolate so I have a pretty bag of candies to take to her.  And if you would please say a prayer for my Uncle Robert. He came through his hip surgery well but now we fear he has pneumonia.   Getting old is not for sissies as Art Linkletter said many years ago and he was right.


4 comments:

Mary Hutchins said...

My hubby says that all the time!!! And I agree, growing old ain't for sissies!!

Gina said...

I'm so sorry that your Uncle Robert has taken a turn for the worse. I will be praying for him.

My kids loved Pokemon. Isaac likes looking at his mother's cards! ♥

Linda said...

I loved Art Linkletter!! Wonder if I can find some old shows on Youtube??

Mildred said...

Prayers for your uncle. It's fun to see what the grandchildren are interested in. Blessings to you this Sunday morning.