Followers

Friday, April 14, 2017

Alabama Snowballs

This magnificent snowball bush is showing off in my neighbor's yard and I had to take a picture of it on my walk yesterday. Right beside our townhouse community is a lovely home filled with trees and beautiful flowers. I am sure when this home owner built his house he never dreamed a town home development would move in next door. But as a town home owner who tries to walk every day, I really enjoy peaking into his yard.

I am not sure what the proper name of this bush is, Martha Stewart I am NOT.( just googled to find they are Viburnums)  Here in the south we call them snowball bushes.  I remember a very pretty one in my grandmother's yard and I planted two bushes in my yard at my house on Rigel Drive. I always wonder if the new owner kept them or pulled them up!

Here is a close up of one...they are the only snow balls some Southern kids ever see!!

Today is Good Friday...so precious to all Believers. As the old pastor reminded his congregation, It's Friday but Sunday is Coming!! I am going to ponder on that thought today.

8 comments:

Sandy said...

I love those snowball bushes, and yes, Sunday is coming. I think Easter is on my mind this year more than ever. Not sure why, but, I am most grateful for what He did.

Arlene Grimm said...

Yes Dear Friend....I stand amazed in His Presence as the old song says.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I've always LOVED these snowball bushes. There's a house here in Fairhope that has one taller than their house and I enjoy driving by to see it. We had a Maundy Thursday service at church last night that was beautiful and very dramatic. I'm setting up our flower cross this morning. Such a happy holiday! Happy, Merry, Joyful Easter to you!

Aritha said...

I love your snowballs! They are so nice. We have them too in garden but we have to wait. The real name isn't snowball but we Always saying it. In Dutch of course: sneeuwbal.

Katie Clooney said...

I love snowball bushes. They look a little like hydrangeas to me. Have a wonderful Easter, Arlene.

Nonnie said...

Snowball bushes remind me of my Granny who had some ginormous ones in her yard and they were always in bloom at Easter.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a Blessed and a Happy Easter.
Marion and family

Mari said...

I love them! There are different types of Vibernum, one of which is a snowball. We have a few different types in our yard. Bob wanted the snowball type, but once it started growing, we found it was another variety!