Followers

Monday, April 17, 2017

An Easter Bouquet

What a surprise to have this beautiful bouquet delivered to my door on Saturday. My sweet neighbors and their daughter sent it to me to thank me for being a good neighbor.  Isn't that so sweet? I certainly did not expect any thanks for loving on my friends and neighbors but it perked up my day.

Our Easter was a quiet one, just me and Marvin this year. We worshipped with our church family in the morning, enjoyed a nice brunch at a local hotel and spent a quiet afternoon, reading the paper, napping and then some cross stitch for me.

Now that Easter is over, in no time school will be out and then it is summer with all the fun family times it brings!

11 comments:

Sandy said...

That was a sweet pick me up. How sweet of them! June will be here before we blink.

Mary Hutchins said...

The flowers are so pretty. You are blessed to have such sweet neighbors!

Katie Clooney said...

Arlene... I'm not surprised that you are a wonderful neighbor. Glad they appreciate you! Have a wonderful weekend.

Terri D said...

Just the best kind of wonderful surprise!! Beautiful!

Gina said...

Arlene, how sweet! The flowers are gorgeous! I'm glad you had a lovely day. Church, eating out, napping, and handiwork! What more could a girl ask for? Sounds perfect to me!

Mildred said...

The flowers are so cheerful and a thoughtful gift!

Mari said...

The flowers are so pretty! What a nice surprise. What isn't a surprise is that you have touched another persons life. You are a blessing to many.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I love thoughtful neighbors! I'm sure you've been very good to them. Glad you had a beautiful and peaceful Easter.

Linda said...

You are a blessing to them and they decided to send you a little blessing as well!!
A quiet Easter is as good as a busy one. Maybe better! When you crosstitch - do you watch TV or listen to the radio or audio books? My hands are getting so crippled up, if I'm going to do any stitching, I better get on with it before it's too late!

Arlene Grimm said...

Linda, I do watch tv as I stitch. I miss a lot though as I have to make sure my counting is correct. I hope my keeping my fingers nimble will help as I get older.

Aritha said...

I love you flowers and it is a good gift to a precious woman ;-) A love quiet days and love what Linda is writing about it in her comment about that a quiet Easter is as good as a busy one.