Followers

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Candie's Corner

I am posting this tonight as tomorrow morning is Cracker Barrel breakfast day for the Besties. Our friend, Candie, joins us as she can get away from her job. She is the office manager for a pallet/mulch company so spring is their busy time of the year.

Candie shared these pictures with us last month and I asked if I could share them on the blog. She graciously agreed so here they are!

Candie had been perusing Pinterest and saw  a cute greenhouse/potting shed that just spoke to her plant loving heart. Her husband made her dream come true by helping to dismantle an old barn with friends. He brought home some wood and tin and got to work.

Here is the door...it is still a bit of a work in progress as you can see from the saw horse and wood.

Side view...the rusty tin and the barn wood really make it rustic

Candie moved in a lot of her plants right away.

I am always amazed at the ability of those green thumb people! I could never keep this many plants alive.

So pretty!
I know Candie is going to enjoy her greenhouse for years to come.

Thanks to all who prayed for us. We did not have a DROP of rain. The wind picked up this afternoon but we were glad that the state government decided it was better to be safe today. I saw pictures online of places in the south that were not so fortunate.   Please pray for those affected by today's storms.

8 comments:

Aritha said...

Arlene, I am glad all is well with you. And I really love the greenhouse. Greetings to Candie and what a beautiful plants in it.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for your kind words and prayers Aritha. All is well in Alabama this morning. I believe that some towns in southern Georgia had storm damage. I have heard of no fatalities so that is a blessing.

Danielle L Zecher said...

What a wonderful greenhouse. She must be so happy with it.

Sandy said...

Glad to hear that the weather wasn't as bad there. Those spring storms can be scary stuff. OH my goodness, that potting shed...(really a lame word) for such an amazing idea. I guess at one time they were really sheds. I love it and would so enjoy one. I can dream.

Terri D said...

We had some high winds and gully-washer rain, but we're okay too. Glad you guys fared well. The greenhouse is terrific. I'm with you, though, regarding a green thumb. I never have good luck with plants. I do admire those who do!!

Dianna said...

Loved the potting shed/green house of your friend Candice! Amazing!

But more than that, I'm delighted to hear that you did not have even a drop of rain and are safe as can be!

Dianna said...

p.s. I'm sorry that my eyes put an extra c in your friend's name. Candie has a lovely green house!

Anonymous said...

My partner and I stumbled over here by a different page and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking at your web page yet again.
http://educationhint.eu