Followers

Monday, April 24, 2017

Cherokee Pizza and Brewing

Now that we are part time residents of NoGA, we are always on the hunt for new places to eat in the Chatsworth/Dalton area.

Niece Laura, who is a student at Dalton College, told us about this new pizza place in Dalton, Cherokee Pizza and Brewing.  It is located near the iconic Oakwood Cafe and is owned by the same family who owns the Oakwood. The Cherokee Pizza Facebook page it states it is casual and hip. Well that is just perfect for me and Grandpa as we are casual and hip too.

Located in an old warehouse, it reminded us of Antico Pizza in Atlanta.

You enter and place your order at the desk. They only make 12 inch pizzas and you can choose from the menu or you can build your own pie. We decided to build our own on Saturday.  Appetizers and salads are available as well.

You seat yourself and they bring your pizza to you when it is done. I have to say our pizza arrived quickly but we were there at a slow time.

If you want a cold one to have with your pizza, they have many selections.

Pepperoni, Tomato, Mushroom and Green peppers were our choices for our pizza.  As you can tell we had a nice lunch with a few pieces for leftovers.

We highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the Dalton area. While we were in Dalton we stopped at a Mexican /Guatemalan Bakery we found online, La Espernza. It is located on Morris Street( which happens to be named after one of my ancestors) and we really enjoyed browsing their store. We were the only non Hispanic people in the store on a Saturday afternoon but let me tell you, they have some good products.  Marvin picked up their Flan, packaged in individual pieces or you can buy a whole pie.  We tried to note what the regulars were purchasing and we found some of the best bread. It was in a mini loaf and I imagine most people were picking them up for Sunday dinner.  The prices were very reasonable and the service was good. We will be going back there as well.  It has been fun finding new and interesting places.

Well off to have coffee with the ladies I worked with at Central Weekday School. We are all retired now and we try to get together once a month at Panera.  Hope you all enjoy this Last Week in April. This year is sailing by!!


12 comments:

Sandy said...

That pizza looks delicious. The year is flying by. I can't believe it is the last week of April already. I need to catch up.

Mildred said...

It is nice to know of a hip place to dine! lol The pizza looks good and that is a neat building. When we lived in Canton, I remember visiting a Mexican bakery once. Glad you found a few items to enjoy.
Have fun today.

Linda said...

Your beginning to put down some roots and I love that! We are doing the same thing in Waco are the area around Mart!
I loved being how you have the best f BOTH of your worlds!

Mary Hutchins said...

The year certainly is moving fast, too fast! I love pizza and the one you enjoyed looked so yummy. Mr D and I are always looking for a new place to eat, we enjoy visiting new places. Our trouble is, there's not many place left that we haven't been, at least in our area.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We love a good pizza and they are hard to find around here! We usually make our own. I hope you had a fun day visiting with friends! Hugs, Diane

Cranberry Morning said...

That looks like such a fun place! And must be popular, judging by all the tables. What fun! And they make it easy for themselves by offering one size. Smart!

Terri D said...

Next time we are headed north and right for Dalton, you can bet I'll be letting you know!! That pizza looks great!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri, please let me know and if I can be there at all we will have lunch together.

Gina said...

Arlene, that pizza looks so delicious! The pictures of the restaurant look a little claustrophobic to me. Are there windows? (I'm weird). I'm glad you enjoyed you lunch and hope you write reviews for the other new restaurants you visit. xx

Arlene Grimm said...

Gina there are some windows on the back wall...rather high up. It is an old manufacturing plant.

Mari said...

This looks like such a fun place to eat - and yummy too!

Dianna said...

I actually saw this post yesterday, just as hubby was coming through the door. I knew he had a busy evening ahead of him, so I left without commenting. But I wanted you to know that the picture of the pizza made me hungry for pizza. Care to guess what we are having for supper this evening. I almost bought one to bring home when I was at Aldi today, but decided to come home and let the bread machine make the dough for my crust and make my own. I hope it turns out as yummy as yours in the picture did.

I love the building that this pizza business is housed in! I love that industrial look in places of business. Morgantown, WV is full of that type of thing.