Followers

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Clianing Out the Pantry

This time of the year I like to clean out the pantry. That is I am trying to use up things that have been there for a while so I can restock over the summer and into the fall.

I had two cans of Apple Pie Filling that had been there since last fall so I knew I could whip up something for dessert with those.  I also had several cake mixes that needed to be used as well so I hit Google and found this recipe.

Easy Fruit Cobbler

2 cans of fruit pie filling.( I had apple and by mistake I had picked up one can that was caramel apple pie filling but I used it along with the plain apple pie filling.)
1 white or yellow cake mix( I had a butter flavor one that I needed to use up)
1 and 1/2 sticks of butter or margarine melted

Pour the pie filling into a 13 by 9 dish. Spread the cake mix over the top. I just spooned it over my apples and I will say I did not use the whole cake mix. There was probably about 1/2 cup of the cake mix that I just tossed.

Melt butter in microwave and pour over the cake mix. Bake 45 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven.

Here is the finished product and my it was tasty. I took some next door to share with the neighbors. They moved Miss J to the rehab facility today to recuperate so Mr J and Leslie needed some comfort food as they had more paperwork to deal with when they got home from the facility.   Apple pie is good for what ails you!!


10 comments:

Sandy said...

I need to tackle my pantry and do the same thing. Maybe after Easter. I am struggling with what I should do versus what I want to do today. I am home for a larger portion of time today than I have been in a while. Trying to decide between tidying up the garage, cutting out a beach cover up to sew, or stitching. Starting the garage might suck up too much time, and I would love a day of fun, so right now I am leaning heavily towards the sewing or stitching and then maybe the garage this afternoon. Either way I have got to get off the computer and get a few chores done:)

Arlene Grimm said...

Well I just finished eating some apple pie for breakfast.lol...so I am a complete slacker this morning. I did get my garage cleaned out yesterday so I am off to take some things to be donated today. I would go to sewing or stitching but I am easily persuaded. I am such a morning person that if a big chore is not completed in the am if will not be done. I am off to have lunch with the girls and to get my hair trimmed so I will be gone most of the day. I did get my steps in Mon- Wed. It will be a challenge to do so today but I am going to try!!

Mary Hutchins said...

That is such an easy recipe, just the way I like them!

Mrs.T said...

This sounds very tasty, Arlene! I'm pretty sure I might have some cans of pie filling in my pantry that needs using up. I think they are peach, but that would be good also!

Arlene Grimm said...

Ladies I think any kind of pie filling would work well with this recipe. I had some for breakfast so it was tasty the next day as well.:)

Katie Clooney said...

I'm drooling for that cobbler. Have a wonderful Easter, Arlene.

Gina said...

Arlene, what a great recipe idea! So easy and it sounds perfect. I'm wondering if it would work for a 4th of July event? Now I'm hungry! :-)

xx

Mari said...

I make that same recipe with cherry pie filling - so good!

Mildred said...

Thanks, Arlene, for sharing this. I wish you a very happy Easter.

Arlene Grimm said...

Mildred thanks for your pretty Easter Card...it is on my Breakfast Bar. So thankful for our friendship.