Followers

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Happy Birthday Kendall

It is so hard to believe this young lady is turning 11 today. I still remember sitting anxiously in the waiting room at Decatur General hoping to hear the Brahms Lullaby over the intercom system. At DGH every time a baby is born, that sweet song is heard through out the hospital. Finally we heard it and after a bit we were allowed to see and hold our precious first grandchild.  We were all baby hogs.

Kendall was never a lap baby. She was busy from the time she woke up until her head hit the pillow at night.  And as she grew up, we found she had a bright mind and a sweet spirit. That is a good combination.

I can see her turning into a teenager. She is almost as tall as me, lean and leggy, she is a pretty girl as well. Kendall never leaves my house without stopping to give Nana a hug. You know I love that!!

So Happy Birthday sweet girl. Enjoy your special day.

11 comments:

Mildred said...

She is beautiful and I hope she has a lovely birthday!

Sandy said...

She is so pretty. I know she is special to you. That is cute that they play the tune over the loud speakers. I like that. I have been in Pensacola this morning, so maybe I will get out a post later today.

Dianna said...

Kendall is a beautiful young lady. I know she blesses your heart every time you spend time with her. xx Dianna

Mrs.T said...

Happy Birthday, Kendall! You are in my prayers every Tuesday, so if you ever have a special prayer request, you can pass it on to me by way of Nana. Hope you have a wonderful day and a very special year of being 11!

Jan said...

She is a lovely young lady! Our oldest granddaughter-also our first grandchild, will be 11 next month!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENDALL Wishing you a day of joy and a year of blessings.
Marion and Marilyn

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday to this sweet girl! I know you are proud of her. Hugs, Diane

Gina said...

Happy Birthday, Kendall. Arlene, oh they grow so quickly. I can't imagine Isaac being 11 though I know it is coming. xo

Mari said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Kendall! I love the tradition that hospital had - what fun!

doodles n daydreams said...

Happy birthday Kendall. That's a lovely snap of her, very pretty :)

Diana

Terri D said...

Happy birthday to your precious Kendall. She is definitely a lovely young lady. Great photo!!