Followers

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Not 21 Anymore

What  a wonderful weekend we had at Grimmwood. But I found out that the late nights I used to keep in my 20s are harder to recover from at 61! We spent lots of time rocking and chatting on the front porch enjoying early mornings and sunsets. We ate out, we shopped and we prayed for one another.

Terrie arrived with this pretty bouquet for me.

I taught them Amelia's camera short cut!!

They loved their big Tervis glasses that I had purchased for each of them as a welcome gift.

Saturday we enjoyed shopping and eating lunch in Dalton, Georgia.

 Thanks to sister Leta for being our tour guide.
We sat at a huge table together.

Forever Friends.  Jenny, Karen, Terrie, Connie and me.  Thanks to Sister Kristi for taking out pictures. This one will be a framer.

Today was Autism Awareness Day ....here are the Hoover Grimms all in Blue.

We also wore blue today. We I promise we all had on Blue.lol Jenny's son, Jeffrey is on the Spectrum so we wore blue for Jeffrey and Baylor. Unfortunately Connie had to leave late Saturday as her mom became ill and at age 93, any illness is serious.  We took time to pray together before Connie set out on her trip home.

These girls gifted me with some lovely hostess gifts. Jenny gave me a candle in my favorite scent, Connie got me a sweet picture and Karen  gave me a cute twig garland I used on my rustic headboard.


It is hard to see how cute this garland is...one picture I took was blurry! I guess I need more iPhoto classes.

And my sweet mother gave me this set of pillowcases for Grimmwood.

She does beautiful work at age 86!

I arrived home at noon today and slept all afternoon!! Oh my...we partied like it was 1976 and I needed a nap.  I would not trade this weekend for all the sleep in the world. These girls are my forever friends.

11 comments:

Mildred said...

Hi Arlene, What great photos of your friends and sisters in Christ. If you are like me after getting together with old friends, my face hurts from smiling! lol
Does Baylor still have his dog (Ruby?)? I never see her in pictures any more.
Hope you get rested up and enjoy the new week.

Arlene Grimm said...

Yes, Ruby is still there...still being trained. It takes quite a while to train a puppy and she is still a young dog...more of a teenager really!! They have to be careful of treating her like a family pet as she needs to know she is a working dog. It is an interesting process for sure!! We had a great time at Grimmwood. Old friends are the best!

Mari said...

Arlene! It looks like such a wonderful time! Laughter, memories, prayers, shopping... I'm glad you were able to do this.

Arlene Grimm said...

Mari, being in nursing school together bonded us for life.:)

Katie Clooney said...

Arlene... it looks like a good time had by all! Nothing beats a good time with girlfriends. Enjoy your week.

Terri D said...

How wonderful that you could all be together, and Grimmwood is the perfect place to reconnect souls bound by love and friendship! Great photos!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Katie and Terri, I think I need another nap today.lol

Mrs.T said...

What a wonderful time! You are so blessed to have such good long-time friends.

Gina said...

Arlene, I think it's a good think not being 21 anymore! You and your friends look so sweet. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! ♥

Sandy said...

IT looks like y'all had a wonderful time. Great photos. I love your mama's pillowcases too. You will treasure those.
I have had an interesting day with the rain. I was going to post, but I am just plain tired. I will do so tomorrow.

Carol said...

Looks like you all had such a delightful time just being together, Arlene!! You are blessed with such a wonderful group of friends... I would love to have a retreat like Grimmwood :) It looks like the perfect place to just kick back and relax!

Your mom's work is lovely--the pillowcases remind me of some that I stitched for my mom back in high school. I wonder where they are now...