Followers

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Saturday Stitches

I think I am going to change my Saturday posts to an update of my stitching. This will help me to keep up with my plans and progress. Stitching has been a big part of my life since I was a girl. I started off with embroidery, moved up to sewing on the sewing machine and making most of my clothes, then veered off to crewel in the mid 70s before finding my true love, counted cross stitch. Now that I have found an online cross stitch community I have enjoyed my craft even more.

While I was out walking I had to stop and take a picture of this.

In our town home community we are only allowed to fly flags from the back of our homes. As you can see these four neighbors are proudly displaying Old Glory.

And since I cannot wait for one holiday to end before my mind goes to the next one, I am thinking of my next stitchy project.

I just love the bright colors in this pattern.

I will be stitching this one for my breakfast bar.

Picked up the threads for Lady Liberty.

And I will be doing the first in the Early America Series by Little House Needleworks.  I chose to do this one because Miss Betsy is a needleworker. I will have to see the others before I decide if I will stitch them. It is the current trend to release a new chart on a monthly basis. I would like to see them all before I commit to a project! Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher, is going to do all nine as a sampler. I am sure it will be beautiful.

And I have my May, June, July things out in preparation of celebrating Summer.

I could not help myself. I had to hang these the other day. I try to rotate some of my bigger pieces.

This Prairie Schooler, Sunny Days, is one of my favorites!! Sorry if I am making you sea sick with the tilted picture. I was trying to get a snapshot without a glare. ( I really need to up my camera skills.)

So there you have it. This morning I am getting out Smoky Mountain Christmas. Working on a rotation of five pieces is really making my stitching more fun and I do not get tired of a piece as I did when I was a one project at a time gal.

Wishing you all a Happy Easter tomorrow. See you on Monday!!


5 comments:

Linda said...

You are amazing!

Jan said...

I'm just getting back into cross stitching. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy it! I love seeing all of your projects and am also enjoying the online stitching community.

Gina said...

I agree with Linda. Arlene, you are an amazing artist and your work is heirloom quality. Love Love!

Mildred said...

It will be nice to have a record of your projects on your Sat. posts. I was in Hobby Lobby last week and they are beginning to put out July 4th decor. Your work is beautiful and makes your home so charming.
Happy Easter.

Mari said...

I just love your work!
Thanks so much for the sweet card - it made my day. You are so thoughtful!