Followers

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Saturday Stitching

Welcome to Saturday Stitching.  I accomplished a good bit this week. Stitching on a Rotation of six pieces has really helped me to be more productive. In the old days when I only worked on one piece at a time, I would get bored, put it away and it took quite a while to finish a project.  Stitch Maynia and Floss Tube have been such an encouragement to me as a stitcher.

This is a work in progress. First I drink the coffee then I do the things. This is Coffee Quaker by Heartstrings Samplery.  I am doing this in a Stitch Along with some other gals on Stitch Maynia. I plan to hang this over the coffee bar at Grimmwood when it is completed.

Another WIP...
Prairie Schooler's JULY. I had started this one on a darker piece of fabric but it screamed for White so I started over.  And I am glad I did. Most Prairie Schooler pieces look better on white or cream fabric.  Let the stitching be the star, not the fabric.

And Ta DA...
This is one of the Series of Sheep Virtues. Little House Needleworks is the designer.

And here he is all ready to hang on the Christmas Tree.

My blog friends Mrs Erica and Preppy Empty Nester introduced me to the Mackenzie Childs line of decor.  I decided to finish this ornament in that style. You can never go wrong with black and white.

Now I have five ornaments ready for Grimmwood. Some will hang on the tree, some will be displayed on the mantle.

My next Christmas ornament features Apples. My friend, Sandy, at I Majored in Home Economics, gifted the pattern to me. It will be appropriate for Grimmwood as my daddy planted a small orchard near the homeplace. The apples are still growing there today.

So I am on target to have 12 ornaments come December. And stitching Christmas things all year is rather fun!  As Ebenezer Scrooge said, " I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year."

8 comments:

Mildred said...

Good Morning, I love the coffee bar stitchery. The July piece is very fun too and the Christmas decorations are lovely. The black and white finish is cute as can be. Have a blessed day, Arlene.

Sandy said...

I simply love all of them. The coffee one is adorable, but I am loving all of your ornaments. I am always amazed at how you teach me new things. I am headed to the bathroom drawer right now for some hair clips. How clever! I just wrote a stitch post today and couldn't wait to finish to get over here and see what you had posted. I hadn't planned to post today, but I was stitching last night and had that stuff on my mind.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Mildred!! Sandy I saw the hair clip used on Stitch Maynia to hold extra fabric, I guess grime guards would do that as well but the clips are so easy to work with. I plan to buy more!

Mary Hutchins said...

Love, love, love, your stitches!! I also get bored while doing one piece and usually work on two.

Terri D said...

You do such good work! They are all beautiful. Grimmwood will be so festive come Christmas time 2017!!

Mari said...

I love them all! You do beautiful work and are very prolific!

Gina said...

Arlene, that is so smart to have a few different projects to work on at once so as not to get bored. You have been very successful! Love your handiwork!

Dianna said...

I so admire you for setting a goal, working on six things at one time...such a good idea...and then setting out and accomplishing your goal! ALL of your stitchery is just beautiful, Arlene!