Followers

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Stitching Finishes

I have had three finishes in my cross stitch world! I believe I have finished 9 things since the beginning of the year. I have started keeping a stitching Journal which allows me to see how long it took me to stitch something as well as keeping up with starts and finishes.

Here is my Quaker Egg.  I finished this one myself. I have decided that seasonal things and smaller pieces do not require professional framing.  I painted this in expensive five by seven frame so that it has an Easter look.

Ben and Katy gave me this Lizzie Kate chart along with the threads for Christmas.  I hung it on my bulletin board!

April Showers is my April piece. I just could not do another sampler so I did a small piece. I may do the April Prairie Schooler next year.  I am ready to move on to July 4th pieces with their pretty reds and blues.  I found this frame at the thrift shop for $3. I added some metal to the glass, covered it with scrapbook paper and attached my stitching to the metal bar with magnets.  It makes it so easy to change it in and out.

Right now I am doing a Stitch Along on Stitch Maynia. It is the Coffee Quaker.

It says First I Drink the Coffee Then I Do the Things. It is so much fun. I cannot put it down. I will be having it framed and it will go to Grimmwood to join some other samplers over the coffee bar.

Well today I will have to tear myself away from my stitching as I need to get some house work done. My sweet husband mopped the kitchen floor for me while I was in Georgia.  That was about like purchasing a piece of jewelry for me in my eyes. He is my Prince Charming. Have a good bloggy day sweet friends.

11 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a sweet husband. Might be something I need to do today while we're stuck inside. It's cloudy and we're hoping to get some rain. Love your stitching...April is very pretty! Hugs, Diane

Mary Hutchins said...

I enjoy Lizzie Kate patterns! Your stitching is great, love the Quaker Egg!

Sandy said...

I so agree about a mopped floor being a piece of jewelry. Tis the sweet small things in life that make it worthwhile. I love all of your pieces. I finally got my threads in yesterday to finish my bunny. I hope to have him on display by the end of the week.

Carol said...

How adorable they all are, Arlene!! The LK piece on your bulletin board is a great idea showcasing your busy, loving family :) I need to get myself to some thrift shops and find these wonderful old frames. Love the way you employ scrapbook paper on your framed finishes, too!

Arlene Grimm said...

I am so glad you girls appreciate my sweetly mopped floor!! :) Diane, it has been rainy here on and off. Tomorrow it will be cold again so a perfect day to finish cleaning house. Mary thanks so much. I do love to stitch. I may take a piece to the ball field tonight to work on as Kendall plays softball. Sandy I can't wait to see your finished piece. I have been hitting up the local thrift stores for frames after seeing so many stitchers on Floss Tube finding nice frames for a pittance.

Arlene Grimm said...

Carol I find the scrap book paper so versatile and easy to work with on most seasonal projects. I was amazed at the two and three dollar frames at my local thrift store. I am not normally a thrift store fan but I will go there for frames. I have seen so many that I could use to display my pieces. And sadly I see many professionally framed cross stitch pieces selling for $5. As a stitcher that makes me sad.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I love the little "to do" list! Now you need to stitch one that says, "be nice to a man who mops!"

Terri D said...

That man of yours is a keeper for sure!!

I always love seeing your projects. You do such good work!!

Katie Clooney said...

Great job, Arlene! You have been very busy! Love your bunnies too. Have a great week.

Dianna said...

Arlene, your cross stitching is so so beautiful! I loved every piece that you showed here today. And the frame you painted for your Easter piece is such a nice touch to the cross stitch. I'm looking forward to seeing your Coffee Quaker when it is completed.

My favorite though is your loving comments about your husband. I feel the same way when my Strong Heart does something for me...washing dishes when he knows I'm not up to par among other things. :)

xx
Dianna

Gina said...

Arlene, 9! Wow ~ great work! You've framed them all perfectly. Your husband is a peach! ♥