Followers

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The Return of the Fanny Pack

Daughter Amelia was lamenting the fact that there are no cute ways to carry your necessities when you are hiking, walking etc.  She and Todd do lots of out door activities and she gets tired of carrying a big backpack when she only needs a few things.

Well when I was in Dalton at Raspberry Row, I came across this little item.

It is a band with two zipper pockets that fits around your waist and hip area. It rather looks like an extension of your shirt.  They come in black, turquoise and fuchsia. This one was about $25 but online they have some that are $10. The less expensive ones just have one zipper pocket it appears.

I texted a picture of it to Amelia and asked if she would be interested. YES, she texted back so I picked up one for my girlie.

She came by last night to get it and tried it on.  It really worked well and Amelia said an added benefit is that it gives you a tummy tuck!  It looked great on her but then everything does!! You would not know that it was a fanny pack at all.

I may have to get one of these for myself. Even walking here in the neighborhood I carry my phone.( In case I fall down and I can't get up!) I can see that this would be great for active people who need their hands free. I think it would be perfect for an amusement park this summer as well. Active Nanas who need hands free to manage the small grands when out and about would love this as a Mother's Day Gift.

So if you are looking for a gift that someone is sure NOT to have, check out Hips Sister.

9 comments:

Sandy said...

That does look interesting. I will have to Google it.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Oh . . . Im interested. I'm forever wanting to carry my phone around, but have no pockets. I've tried hooking it on to a lanyard type of thing, but it bounces around too much. I'll have to be on the lookout for one!

Arlene Grimm said...

Whoever thought of this idea had a winner for sure.

Aritha said...

That is interesting. Thank you. My husband has an armpocket. I think you like it too! http://www.armpocket.com/

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You always find the best stuff! I need one of these. I have to wear shorts with pockets to carry things and I always carry my phone in my hand and camera around my neck! lol I'm going to look for this! Hugs, Diane

Arlene Grimm said...

Diane, you were one of the people I thought of when I saw this. You are always on the go!!

Mari said...

What a great idea! You do find some great things!

Dianna said...

What a great idea! I'm glad that it worked well for your daughter. No matter their age, isn't it always fun to find something for our daughters?

Gina said...

What a great idea. Let us know what you think after you use yours for awhile. xo