Followers

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Weather Aware Wednesday

Well  this morning the state of Alabama is under a state of emergency as ordered by our governor. In anticipation of major storms and possible tornados, schools are closed and  Marvin decided to stay home from work since he can make up his part time hours tomorrow.  I am concerned. Huntsville, Alabama was top of the list for tornado damage in the USA. ( Like we want to be on THAT list). There have been two major tornados here since we moved here in 1984. And along with the major ones, we have had smaller storms and lots of wind damage. So when we hear the weather alert alarm we take it seriously. Better safe than sorry.  One of my friends who watches the weather like a hawk, tells me that Reed Timmer is here in Alabama today. He is the foremost tornado chaser and he is expecting to get some footage today.  So please keep us in your prayers. In my experience when I see the skies take on a green tinge, I know it is time to run for the tornado room. In this house it is my closet off the master bedroom. I have it prepared in case we need to spend some time there today.

On to more fun topics...my grands....


This old picture came up on my Facebook Feed today. I believe it was two years ago. Landon decided that he was not going to play baseball this year but will play soccer. Kendall is playing softball.


She had her first game yesterday and unfortunately they got beat badly but as one of our old coaches said to my kids, "Losing builds your character."  She will be 11 on the 25th of this month and I can see her rapidly becoming a teenager.

And here is a picture of Audrey...

Charles says she is a whiz at naming her letters now. She also looks for letters in signs etc and points them out to her parents. She is a genius...just like all my other grands.

Well since we are stuck here at home, I could clean and de clutter or I could cross stitch. Wonder which one will win out????

9 comments:

Sandy said...

Praying for y'all today. I think Alabama has become synonymous with Oklahoma from our childhood. Cross stitch ---it will help relief stress!

Mildred said...

God bless you all today, Arlene. Glad you have a safe place prepared to go to and that Marvin is home and the children are home from school. We are having severe thunderstorms too. I am thankful we do not have to get out today. I enjoyed the photos and cannot believe Kendall will be eleven! Little Audrey is a very smart little girl. Stay safe.

Aritha said...

How's know? I hope you are safe. Praying for you.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks ladies...I have been cleaning a bit, will stitch this afternoon when the worst of the storms are predicted. So far not even a drop of rain here. But better safe than sorry!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Aritha, thanks for the Facebook friend request....I knew it had to be you!! We are still fine. I guess all those prayers being prayed have protected us so far. The worst will come between 3 and 8 this evening according to the weather people.

Dianna said...

Arlene, I am praying for you all. I have a couple of other friends who live in Huntsville also. Please let us know how things went when it is safe...or you are able.

xx

Arlene Grimm said...

Dianna, so far we have had NO bad weather and for that I am very grateful!!

Dianna said...

Thank you, Arlene. I am glad to know that things have been good there. I trust that they will remain that way.

Gina said...

Arlene, saying a prayer for you and Marvin. Tornados are so scary! Give me a hurricane any day! The children are growing so fast. I had to laugh because I misread your sentence about Audrey. I thought you wrote "she is a genius.. just like her grandparents!" Clearly I need new glasses (not that you aren't a genius). xo