Followers

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

A Few Finishes

While at Grimmwood I finished another cross stitch project. That is always a cause for rejoicing for this stitcher. Since I missed posting on Saturday Stitches, I thought I would post my completed projects today.

Sweet Apples by Little House Needleworks. This chart was gifted to me by my sweet friend, Sandy at I Majored in Home Economics. Sandy and I both enjoy cross stitch and we occasionally pass the stash. She also sent me a cute spring bunny that I plan to do for next Easter.  I made a change to this chart as it had two cardinals perched on the apple basket and I just wanted apples. I will make this into my May Christmas ornament for Grimmwood.  My daddy raised apples for our family in an orchard in front of our home. He grafted some limbs from his granddaddy's apple trees onto his own trees.  My mother still harvests the apples, peels and dries them with the help of my sisters. Believe me, they make the best fried apple pies ever!!

This is the Good Stitch Witch by Stacy Nash Primitives. I become a witch when I do not get to stitch on a regular basis. I have a friend who shared that her husband tells her to go stitch when she gets too testy.  I am not sure how I will finish this one but it will be displayed in some way this fall.

The Coffee Quaker by Heartstrings Samplery.  I look forward to having this one framed and displayed over the coffee bar at Grimmwood.  I took part in an online stitch along for this one and it was so fun to stitch with ladies all over the world. It was interesting to see the different fabrics and flosses some of the ladies used to make their Quaker unique. And I thought stitching motifs would be easy. Oh my...I frogged quite a few because I mis counted.

Now that I have finished three projects in my rotation, I am going to start two more projects in June.

A Sue Hillis design that the grands will just love....I even purchased the lavender Aida as shown in the picture.

I am hoping to finish this by July 4th.

Another Little House Needleworks design. It is part of the Patriot series.  Some stitchers are doing all the patriots on one huge sampler. I am doing Betsy for my July display. They just released the newest patriot and it is Martha Washington. I plan to purchase that pattern and display it in February. Behind every great man is a good woman.

For those of you who stitch, Vonna at The Twisted Stitcher has a great tutorial on the Diagonal Pin Stitch.  It is great for starting your stitching neatly. I had heard of others who talked about this stitch but I could never figure it out. Vonna has a clear and precise tutorial on completing this stitch. I will be using this stitch for all my starts from now on. Thanks Vonna.

I am still trying to decide which Christmas ornament I will stitch for June....maybe I will post that on Saturday. Have a good one dear friends.

12 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The apples really are beautiful and I love the coffee quote! You sure get a lot done...I know how time consuming this is. I enjoyed it when I did it. I would need a better lamp to do it again! Happy stitching! Hugs!

Sandy said...

I love all of them. I have spying those Patriots. I have so many projects going right now, that I can't even think of adding to it, but I have recorded them for future thoughts. I try to never miss a day of at least a few stitches.

Aritha said...

I love The Coffee Quaker by Heartstrings Sample. Because it is what I am doing every day.

Linda said...

I do NOT know how you accomplish so much stitching! My eyes would cross! I'm working on a Christmas embellished cross stitch project - and have misplaced it! I've been looking for it for 3 weeks now!

Mrs.T said...

All beautiful, Arlene! The apple design is so meaningful for you -- precious to have those things that spark family memories.

Katie Clooney said...

They are all so darling! I think the apples are my favorite. Enjoy the rest of our week.

Mary Hutchins said...

Great stitches! I enjoy the Little House patterns.

Mildred said...

This is a fun post. I love seeing your projects. The apple design is perfect for you and I love the coffee bar piece too. I've always loved Autumn, so naturally I like the trick or treat piece!!!

Gina said...

Arlene, I'm trying to picture cardinals but just can't. LOVE the apples! It's hard to choose a favorite of your cross stitch. Thank you for sharing your gentle work with us.

Mari said...

I love seeing all your projects! I can't believe how many you work on at a time!

Terri D said...

I so enjoy seeing your projects and good works completed. I've said before that I have no patience for cross-stitch but I sure do admire those who do. My friend Shirley does beautiful work too.

Carol said...

Really good to see your lovely projects, Arlene! Your coffee one turned out so pretty--makes me wish I drank coffee (or tea or diet coke!)... The colors are wonderful in that one...

I do love those little LHN patriotic designs--just haven't decided whether or not to jump on the boat :)

Happy June to you!