Followers

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The Barn

One of my favorite birthday gifts was this photograph of my Daddy's barn, taken by Cousin Scott Kuhn.

it really captures the simple beauty of the place. Scott was able to remove the power  lines to make the photograph more pleasing.

It is perfect hanging with Miss Mayfield.

Our neighbor on the CCC Road took this picture of Fort Mountain last week.

Isn't it just beautiful? Jacinta and my sister, Kristi, are both interested in nature photography and they share their best pictures with each other.

And for a smile, I thought I would share this with you.

It is true for me....when I see the Saturn Rocket at the Space and Rocket Center I know I am almost home.  When Kendall was a toddler she insisted on calling it a light house like the one she had seen at Tybee Island on vacation.

Still playing catch up from being away and believe it or not, we are heading back to Georgia on Thursday to enjoy the long weekend.  My family is starting to get sick of the Grimms.:0 Not really...but it is different now that we have Grimmwood.

10 comments:

Mildred said...

Both photos are beautiful. I know you look forward to a long weekend with family. Take care.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You live in a beautiful part of the country...and you made me smile! Hubby too! Hugs, Diane

Sandy said...

I love the cow and the barn. The barn is special I know. I had to chuckle at the photo of Saturn V and the USS Alabama....SO TRUE!!!
I am glad you getting to spend this time with your family. I emailed you!

Karen said...

The farm photo is really nice. I wish I had one of my great grandfather's farm. That is a cute poster for Alabama!

Linda said...

That's a beautiful photo! Is it a canvas painting?
Enjoy your time in Grimmwood. We are leaving the ranch and heading home tomorrow. The real world awaits.

Terri D said...

I am just sure your family is not getting sick of the Grimms or your beautiful Grimmwood.

Mari said...

I am jealous of your cousins talent - that photo of the barn is just beautiful!

Cranberry Morning said...

I love the photos hanging on your wall! And I enjoyed that last graphic. It's interesting how we identify with landmarks.

Mrs.T said...

That photo of the barn is so gorgeous! It looks more like a painting than a photo. Your cousin is so gifted with a camera.

Have a blessed weekend at Grimmwood!

Gina said...

Arlene, Love the barn painting. So gorgeous!!!